No announcement yet.

Small Land Hunters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SFAbowhunter's pic is a good example of being brushed in good if you have to hunt out of Tripod. If you can get up higher in Treestand, you can get away with less cover. If you can ditch the feeders and hunt hand scattered corn that's even better. Or at least hunt hand scatter'd corn away from the feeders. They learn those barrel's that make that sound are trouble, and come in skittish or go nocturnal eventually unless your on really big property, or have low pressure.

Comment

my history with bowhunting from a tripod is not good. I went to 14' ladder stands set against big cedar trees and that has helped by eliminating most of my outline. As others have stated, use small shooting lanes, mask your scent, and always stay downwind.

Comment

You're feeding corn. That's where you're shot will be. Use sticks and a game tamer to get 20 feet plus. East Texas has plenty on big trees. You won't need cover at that height. It'll help on scent too. Make sure you bend at waist when you shoot at heights.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
          As you can see, I need to trim that one limb hanging down that’s blocking my feeder. But it’s a small window to shoot to the feeder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Maybe I'm seeing stuff but it looks like a nice buck under that feeder?

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
            Maybe I'm seeing stuff but it looks like a nice buck under that feeder?

It was 2 yearlings under there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X