check engine light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

check engine light

computer indicates something about the fuel not rich enough ? forgot exactly what was said but ? HELP

Gas prices are going up. That light should go off in a couple weeks.

Comment

maybe bad o2 sensor?

Comment

Check gas cap

Comment

Sensor by the air filter may be clogged. I can't recall the name right off. On certain Ford vehicles this sensor was just ahead of the air filter breather assembly. Breather may not be the correct term.

Comment

Them lights don't mean nuthin'! I been driving vehicles thousands of miles over many years with them lights comin' on, ain't kilt one yet!

Comment

What's the code number? P0171? That's a lean code. Possible bad MAF sensor. Look for a hose or vacuum line disconnected. What vehicle do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by k-town View Post
                computer indicates something about the fuel not rich enough ? forgot exactly what was said but ? HELP
                Just check the code and see what it says.....

Comment

My uncle says that engine light is just there to show the engines still there

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

Get the code number. Should be able to narrow down from there. If you think it was done in error disconnect negative terminal for about 15 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                      Them lights don't mean nuthin'! I been driving GM vehicles thousands of miles over many years with them lights comin' on and 1 head light out, ain't kilt one yet!
                      fify

Comment

Another use for Duck tape. My brother covered his up after I kept asking why is the red light on still driving after 3yrs. Oil pressure good and not overheating so keep going!!!

Comment

On my wife's Durango it was the gas cap. After taking it to Autozone a couple of times to hook it up to the computer it came up as that. I just ignore it now. It usually goes away on it's own after a few days.

Comment

go to orileys have them pull codes for free then post them up. not much us green screeners can do without any info.

Comment

After much research and exhaustive sweat equity trying to get my check engine light to go off, I’ve found the best remedy is to cut a small piece of black electrical tape and place it over the check engine light. Problem solved

Comment

Working...
                              X