My take on PX2 Broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My take on PX2 Broadheads

While I killed a zebra, Texas Dall and a hog in 24 hours with these heads, I was not happy with the results. My kill shot on the zebra was slightly 1/4 away and the head hit the ribs and turner internally up into his neck. Thankfully cutting the artery and he bled out.

Nailed the hog. She ran shy of 30 yards but I did sever the trachea where it was in the lungs. So that worked great.

Drilled the Texas Dall and the exit hole wasn't all that and the blazers hung in the small exit wound. And I swear it took 5-6 minutes for him to die even though he only made it about 45 yards. And all the heads where Ragin' approved sharp.

Overall I am not impressed with this head. The quality control is also lacking. I get these heads free so this is unbiased as I can be.

I will be returning to my tried and true Grizz Tricks for most game and Ramcats for bigger animals.

I'm sure the folks at PX2 will be mad as hell for this but facts are facts and advertising is bs. Bottom line.

Jason.

Any chance the lighter arrow had something to do with the zebra shot? Maybe slight deflection from its bigger ribs.

Comment

Can you post a picture of these heads? I tried finding them online and only found their emblem. Curious as to their configuration.

Comment

good review, honest feedback.

suprised you tried a new head on such a good hunt.

Comment

Thanks for the review, Congrats on the kills.

Comment

Originally posted by TEXAS 10PT View Post
            Can you post a picture of these heads? I tried finding them online and only found their emblem. Curious as to their configuration.

Comment

I know you like trying new gear, but I would have just stayed with the ST.
              100% Proven, 100% Reliable!

Id like to see a review on the Razor Tricks. My wife is getting a complete new setup for Valentine's and need a low poundage COC broad head.

Comment

Not on a Zebra. The next one I shoot will be with a 150 grain plus 2 blade cut on contact of some sort and a total arrow weight of at least 550. I knew they were boot leather tuff but I didn't give em enough credit on how tuff.

Comment

Thanks for the picture. The blades look tough. Maybe it would be a better head if it was all COC.

Comment

Thanks for the review i just got the new fmj injexion 330 might be shooting the ramcats w/ them have not found the st in a deep six yet i've seen them on face book

Comment

Good, honest review. I personally like the QAD Exodus head and Slick Trick Magnum. I have not tried the Ramcat but hear great reviews of it.

Bullelk - I shot the Injexions and had a problem with the end of shaft splintering around the head. I would advise footing the end with a piece of aluminum shaft. I do not remember the size that would work but I think it was a 1813 shaft.

Comment

I'll trade you a grizz trick for one, even if it's used...just need one for the collection!

Comment

Most do not realize how thick (from side to side) a Zebra is, and the hide is not paper thin like some plains game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                            Most do not realize how thick (from side to side) a Zebra is, and the hide is not paper thin like some plains game.
                            Yep

I was thinking mine would pass through even when slight quartering with 474gr arrow and at 70/30. I had an exit but it only poked out an inch or two. BUT that was with 1 3/8 grim reapers.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                              Any chance the lighter arrow had something to do with the zebra shot? Maybe slight deflection from its bigger ribs.

Possibly. It was the sheep part that made my decision. The taxidermist recovered the head from the zebras neck. No damage to the head except one razor edge has been rolled.

Comment

Working...
                              X