Question for Mathews guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Mathews guys

Check out this pic and notice the difference between the top and bottom axle position. The top limb is either weaker or has a different deflection.
    I haven't worked on or shot Mathews for years.
    Is this normal???
    Attached Files

apparently didn't believe my text.

My vote is it looks fine. Your picture is not perfectly straight . . . . the upper right hand is just to the outside of the bolt the bottom right is inside the bolt so the picture isn't perfectly perpendicular.

Further evidence you say? the length of the lower horizontal line is inside the bolt but extends past the end of the limb while the upper horizontal line is inside the bolt but also inside th elimg.

The angle is bad the limbs are fine, the bow is fine. Looks to me like his canting the lower limb to his left and it's making it look wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
      apparently didn't believe my text.

My vote is it looks fine. Your picture is not perfectly straight . . . . the upper right hand is just to the outside of the bolt the bottom right is inside the bolt so the picture isn't perfectly perpendicular.

Further evidence you say? the length of the lower horizontal line is inside the bolt but extends past the end of the limb while the upper horizontal line is inside the bolt but also inside th elimg.

The angle is bad the limbs are fine, the bow is fine. Looks to me like his canting the lower limb to his left and it's making it look wrong.
      Sean
      I put the box on the bow with a pic many times larger than this that had enough definition to put the box was exactly on the outside point off both limbs

FYI I posted this before I text you.

Comment

Put it on a draw table....

I don't know a ton about bows, but I would suspect that if it is normal, it is related to the fact that it is a solo-cam design. I would think dual-cam would have equal limbtravel, but on a solo cam, it wouldn't be equal.
        Last edited by SwampRabbit; 02-03-2014, 12:00 PM.

Comment

I think its just a bad angle on the picture

Comment

Y'all do know that the bottom limb is closer to the center pivot point(handle) than the top limb is... right.

Comment

You can see the bend in the top limb good but you cannot see the bend in the bottom limb due to the angle. What if any problems are they having?

Comment

Nevermind. I see what your talking about

Comment

Originally posted by El Coyote View Post
                  You can see the bend in the top limb good but you cannot see the bend in the bottom limb due to the angle. What if any problems are they having?
                  That is because the bottom limb doesn't bend near as much as the top limb,
                  the top limb bend past 90 degrees about one inch, the bottom limb bends about 3/4 inch less than 90 degrees.
                  I'm just trying to find someone who knows if this is normal with this Mathews and not a difference in deflection or poundage of limbs.

I have worked with Hoyts, Elites, and Bowtec's a lot, but I haven't messed with Mathews in 10 years or more.

Comment

The one think that I noticed right off hand is that it looks like the arrow isn't level either. Looks to be pointed "up" a little. Guessing this would be the knocking point too low.

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
                      That is because the bottom limb doesn't bend near as much as the top limb,
                      the top limb bend past 90 degrees about one inch, the bottom limb bends about 3/4 inch less than 90 degrees.
                      I'm just trying to find someone who knows if this is normal with this Mathews and not a difference in deflection or poundage of limbs.

I have worked with Hoyts, Elites, and Bowtec's a lot, but I haven't messed with Mathews in 10 years or more.
                      What is the advertised draw weight on the bow compared to what the bow is actually drawing?

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
                        The one think that I noticed right off hand is that it looks like the arrow isn't level either. Looks to be pointed "up" a little. Guessing this would be the knocking point too low.
                        not the issue, the picture is rotated 6 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by TxSportsman View Post
                          What is the advertised draw weight on the bow compared to what the bow is actually drawing?

70, bow is pulling 71

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                            Y'all do know that the bottom limb is closer to the center pivot point(handle) than the top limb is... right.
                            I agree with Mike. Also, get in touch with Mathews through their web page. They have excellant customer service.

Comment

Your right arm is too low and you need to move your feet closer together. Your gripping your release hand too tight as well. I don't know. Send the picture to Mathews and see what they say, then, for heaven sake, post your findings. Picture looks fine to me but I think measuring a photo would be tough to do accurately. JMO. Thank you for your post, interesting!

Comment

Working...
                              X