Mathews bow question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mathews bow question

I just purchased a Mathews Chill R and having difficulty mounting my ripcord rest on the bow. Is there a special thread for the bolt to mount the rest that goes with this bow? It seems like the bolt I used on my prior bow a Diamond is not taking at all when I am trying to mount it which I thought was universal.

Did you buy the bow new? If you did, the shop should have mounted your accessories for you. If not I wouldn't try to force the bolt you have in there. I would take it to a bow shop and have them see if the threads where the rest mounts are messed up.

Comment

Mounting holes for sights, rests and stabilizers were standardized a long time ago. The bolt you have should work fine. If it is a dipped bow(camo) you should have no problem. If it is painted(black) there might be a little overspray in the threads, and slowly running a tap down it will clean it up.

Do not force it as mentioned before because if you strip or damage the threads in the riser it is not a really easy fix.

Comment

I wish I wouldn't have shot the Chill R because now I am wanting to trade my Experience. The mounting holes are standardized.

Comment

Get a tap and clear the threads.

Comment

Check the bolt too. I'm betting the end of the threads somehow got jacked up.

Comment

I am going to check with my old rest and use one of those bolts to see if it works. Thanks for all of the great advice.

Comment

you can try threading the bolt in from the opposite side as well, if there's a little nick on the threads it'll clear it out and save you from buying the tap.

Comment

Send your Chill R to me and I will check it out for you. Will have it back in just a few months good as new.
                  Threads on those bolts should be the same on all bows. There is probably a little paint residue or the threads on the bolt a dinged a little bit. Best advice I have seen here is DON'T FORCE it.

Comment

Working...
                  X