D-Loop Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D-Loop Question

Is there any way to make sure a D-Loop doesn't rotate on your string? I just put a new string and loop on and it appears to me that after 5 or 6 shots the loop spins a quarter rotation. Any hints?

Yes. Get BCY dloop rope.

Comment

You need to tie the knots in opposite directions and it should not rotate like that. Sorry thats not a great description of what to do but when you tie it, one knot will face the right side of your riser and the the other should face the left side. BCY does help too

Comment

Originally posted by BamaPSE View Post
        You need to tie the knots in opposite directions and it should not rotate like that. Sorry thats not a great description of what to do but when you tie it, one knot will face the right side of your riser and the the other should face the left side. BCY does help too

X2

Comment

So the PSE pre cut ones I have won't not rotate a little at least? I'll try the knots as well.

Comment

Put a little bowstring wax on it before tying the knots helps the knots tighten on themselves better, top knot away from you bottom knot facing you if your right handed

Comment

Viper makes D-loop pliers that will get the connection so tight it can't move.
              BCY spectra loop material is the least likely to fray.
              As above reverse the knots.

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
                Viper makes D-loop pliers that will get the connection so tight it can't move.
                BCY spectra loop material is the least likely to fray.
                As above reverse the knots.

Yep those pliers are handier than toilet paper.

Comment

D loop lire work wonders!
                  Like stayed above

Comment

Has anyone used the TRU speed loop?

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
                      Has anyone used the TRU speed loop?

That metal one????

If it is it will chew your scuff the hell outta ur release jaws. The jaws will begin to chew it up. The weight causes massive string oscillation. And it's heavy. Hence the extra string oscillation.

Comment

This one is the one I'm looking at

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
                          It wont come up. It says website offline.

If its not made out of D Loop rope it aint as good.

Comment

Here's a pic

I'm asking Cus I have been using an ultra nok but trying to get away from it but man it's nice if your string twist a lil you can unscrew it an fix the problem. I know there are other ways but still learning

Comment

tying the d-loop knots opposing each other, using quality loop material and getting the d-loop plenty tight will ensure it does not move. the item listed above will simply eliminate nock pinch and/or make the nock point repeatable when replacing the loop material. but again, it still has a loop on the nock point and could still move if not installed properly.

Comment

Working...
                              X