No announcement yet.

Question for Mathews guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some times limbs get weak, or they are different defections (remember tiller tuning) or setting vertical nock travel by advancing/retarding cam(s). that being said the cam imparts the deflection, your bow only has one cam i would not expect it to be completely symetrical.

Comment

get two of these, bend around riser, then align the tips of them with the axles on your bow, draw back, and take another picture. this will show us definitively what you're trying to say.
      I messed with the picture you first posted some in autocad and can't tell definitively enough that there's a difference. I'm pretty sure the top/bottom limbs are the same on all current Matthews bows and should deflect equally.

one more thing, is that top string stop hitting your cable?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by skrobo; 02-03-2014, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
        some times limbs get weak, or they are different defections (remember tiller tuning) or setting vertical nock travel by advancing/retarding cam(s). that being said the cam imparts the deflection, your bow only has one cam i would not expect it to be completely symetrical.
        the tension on the axles imparts deflection on the limbs, they bend equally whether you have 1 cam or 2.

Comment

I don't really know if they should bend differently, and can't tell for sure if they are in the picture. But it would seem to make sense that they may considering one has a round wheel and one has an eccentric cam, how do they look at rest?

Comment

Does the bow tune and group?

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
              Does the bow tune and group?

Yea, it paper tunes great and shoot expandables really well. Never really shot fixed blades out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by skrobo View Post
                the tension on the axles imparts deflection on the limbs, they bend equally whether you have 1 cam or 2.
                are you familiar with the term "vertical nock travel"? if that was the case then all three of the Mathews bows I have owned would not have tuned nock high running through the bergers.

Comment

Because the hand is not centered you may have something out at full draw or what looks like a problem. If the brace heigth and axel to axel are in spec and the tiller is the same top and bottom, you are worring about nothing.
                  Just enjoy a bow that is fun to shoot.

Comment

Working...
                  X