X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great info..Need more like it.

Comment

Been looking in to making my own arrows this will help big time when I do. Thanks for your time and knowledge .

Comment

I've been fletching my own arrows for a couple years now. Doing it exactly this way. The only thing that I do different is find the heavy size of the arrow first. I do that using the bathtub and little soap and water, and a lead pencil. I can't remember where I read the article, but it was about the topic of Archers Paradox. The moment you release, the arrow actually flexes and bows for a split second from all the pressure. If you determine the hard side of the arrow, and always put the cock vane on the adjacent 90° side, you'll create arrows that will fly very similar. Therefore making tighter groups. Archers Paradox. Read up on it. It's helped me out alot. Besides, if your fletching your own, you may as well take it to that next level...right?

Comment

Noticed a question about glue distribution on the vanes. I apply glue to the vane..and then I use a flat toothpick perpendicular to the length of the vane and gently drag the toothpick the length of the vane..it applies the glue to the entire length/width of the vane and prevents a lot of "runoff" I guess you would call it. I have found that too much glue is just as bad as no enough and I really hate seeing my arrows with globs of glue at the vanes. Thought I would pass this lil tip on.

Comment

Very helpful for a first timer. Thanks for the post.

Comment

That helps thanks

Comment

The information I've been looking for. Thanks

Comment

sweet, just found some wraps i really want on my gold tips

thanks for the thread rem788

Comment

Shooting targets really puts a toll on the fletchings. This will help very much never knew how to

Comment

Awesome work, thank for the detailed information.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the help. I’m getting ready to give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                          X