Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a Chevy = problem solved.

Comment

Bet your turbo vanes are sticking and/or injectors are failing. Both are well known issues with the 6.0. I never had the sticking turbo issue on my '06 but I did have 6 of 8 injectors replaced in the 2.5 years that I owned it. Thankfully Ford footed the bill for those since it was under warranty.

Comment

Possible EGR valve stuck open. Can't build boost to fast with an open valve

Comment

Question is why would this thing run like a scalded dog on the highway if there were problems with the injectors? It is smooth an relatively quiet on the open road and still runs great at highway speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
            Great minds think alike!!

Comment

EGR I have replaced at least 3 or 4 on my truck before I deleted the
              EGR and oil cooler but I also run my chip on extreme race tune.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post

Comment

Sell that dog. It only gets worse. Bad thing is nobody will want it.

Comment

Get ready for at the very least $2000.00. I bet it will be more! Sorry for the bad news, but I have had one of those Piece of #$@% fords and will not own another one.

Comment

Our Church Bus is like that. Runs great for a while but ever now and then it gets sluggesh and has very little power. Seems the turbo will eventually kick in and then it runs great. We have had it in the shop several times and Ford Mechs. can't seem to fix it. Ongoing problem. Wish we had gotten the V10 instead.

Comment

That seems to be the magic mileage. I had a dealer trying to sell me an '06 King Ranch that had 123000 on it. I had read the known problems (which seemed to most commonly happen at 75000 or 120000 mile according to forums) and told him I wasn't gambling on the 6.0 liter diesel and was told that the truck had just had $4500 worth of work done to it and the problems should have been taken care of. Sorry about your problem and hope it's an easy fix. Shame though, it sure was a purty truck.

Comment

Doug what did you find out hopefully it wasnt too bad.

Comment

Just heard from the mechanic and the worst case scenario is $4 grand. Possibly HP oil pump, egr and 1 to 3 injectors. I will lis the problems when I get the print out tomorrow or Wed. Going to go with the EGR delete and he wants me to switch from Rottella T to Motorcraft and change every 3000 miles. He says the Rottella is a thicker oil and the thickness helps to the demise of the 6.0. 15 40 in the summer and 5 40 (I think) for winter driving. This guy is a former Ford diesel tech with a lot of years behind him and a lot of positive responses from people that have used him. We will see. If I had not just paid this truck off last month a new 2011 would look nice, and I still may look at that direction if the rebates and interest rates are low (X Plan). We will see. I guess it could have been worse, like a cratered engine!

Comment

Working...
                            X