Western extreme t.v. show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Western extreme t.v. show

Jim Burnworth just smoked a mountain Kudu at 105 yards. Man that dude can shoot. best shot of all Tv dudes.

That episode was the one that turned me off to him. He is a helluva shot though.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

why did it turn you off to him? Just curious. I have seen him make shot after shot at long range.

Comment

That was the first one over 50 I saw him take. To me That is as unethical as it gets. At 20 yards all it takes is an animal to turn a little or start to step. At that range the chances of a bad hit are a lot more. If he were a bowhunter his goal would be to get close. Lost all respect for him as a hunter when I saw that. He is no longer recorded or watched.

Pretty sure he doesn't care though. [emoji16]

Comment

The dude can definitely shoot. His equipment is very well tuned. That arrow at 105 yards flew like a Lazer.

Comment

it is quite common to shoot Elk, Moose & Mule deer at 70+ yards out west. I doubt that he would have taken a shot at a Springbok (or whitetail) from that range.....but the look is not good as most people are not skilled enough to pull this off......

Comment

The Wells guy that hosts Relentless Pursuit is another guy that shoots pretty well

Comment

I enjoy burnworths show. Seems like a good guy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ain't nothin with today's equipment

Comment

I agree with above.. Tim Wells may have something to say about that since he doesn't even use a sight

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                      That was the first one over 50 I saw him take. To me That is as unethical as it gets. At 20 yards all it takes is an animal to turn a little or start to step. At that range the chances of a bad hit are a lot more. If he were a bowhunter his goal would be to get close. Lost all respect for him as a hunter when I saw that. He is no longer recorded or watched.

Pretty sure he doesn't care though. [emoji16]

you might be a little over critical of him. I would never shoot over 30 on a whitetail but would shoot 75-80 yards on an elk. depends on the animal. A big animal standing at 100 yards is not gonna jump the string. more than likely gonna do just what that Kudu did. stand there and not know it was coming. plus he was able to gage how jumpy these animals were while stalking. do I think everyone should takes these shots, No. but this guy practices and can hit a tennis ball at 100 yards. so if you have a calm animal and the correct wind and conditions I am ok with it. I have friends and have seen many a the that could not hit a tennis ball at 20 yards. :-)
                      Last edited by Krivoman; 02-13-2018, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Great shot indeed but Tim Wells is the GOAT!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                          you might be a little over critical of him. I would never shoot over 30 on a whitetail but would shoot 75-80 yards on an elk. depends on the animal. A big animal standing at 100 yards is not gonna jump the string. more than likely gonna do just what that Kudu did. stand there and not know it was coming. plus he was able to gage how jumpy these animals were while stalking. do I think everyone should takes these shots, No. but this guy practices and can hit a tennis ball at 100 yards. so if you have a calm animal and the correct wind and conditions I am ok with it. I have friends and have seen many a the that could not hit a tennis ball at 20 yards. :-)
                          This^^^^^^^

Comment

Not a huge fan of his shows but the guy is a great shot with a bow.

Comment

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Too many things can happen before a 290fps arrow can get there, plus factor in the brain-to-release time, and you get a scene that won't make it to the tv episode. Besides that, it encourages others to do the same. My two cents, YMMV !

Comment

Working...
                              X