No announcement yet.

Lead Ban Lifted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you haven't; buy a box of #4 lead Nitro Mag. Them's some bad dudes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks!!!

Not sure folks are reading!!!

Originally posted by TxNurse View Post
      Before anyone goes out and buys a bunch of lead shot for waterfowl hunting, read the whole thread and the rule change. It only removes the ban on lead rifle bullets and fishing weights on federal land which the Obama administration put in effect as he was going out the door.

Comment

Way back there. the tooth paste tubes were made out of lead. We would cut them up and wrap on our fishing lines for slip sinkers.

Comment

Interesting on lead issue

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
            Way back there. the tooth paste tubes were made out of lead. We would cut them up and wrap on our fishing lines for slip sinkers.
            I remember soft metal toothpaste tubes. It never occurred to me that they were made of lead.
            Maybe they weren't in my day.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
              Not sure folks are reading!!!
              We are. Just hoping they expand this further to allow lead back for waterfowl.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                We are. Just hoping they expand this further to allow lead back for waterfowl.

Fair enuff!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

So, while this corrects the nonsensical ban with bullets and lures, where do slugs fall into the equation? I get it is a "shotshell"... I have been wondering for the last few days...

Comment

Originally posted by Bigyummy77 View Post
                    So, while this corrects the nonsensical ban with bullets and lures, where do slugs fall into the equation? I get it is a "shotshell"... I have been wondering for the last few days...
                    No sir and it is not legal to shoot migratory game birds with either.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      No sir and it is not legal to shoot migratory game birds with either.
                      Yer Killin me Slick![emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                        It's unreal, I can't even count how many birds I've watched get hammered and sail a few hundred yards or just keep flying with steel. Lead freaking stones them instantly. Not even a comparison.

It doesn't matter how much money you spend on fancy 3" or 3.5" steel it doesn't work as good as lead.

I could almost understand the argument for not shooting lead on say public ground, or rice fields where the rice is for human consumption. But no way on private land. And even more ridiculous that you can shoot 10k rounds of lead at dove on the same place in September.

The two main reasons people complain about shooting steel at ducks:

1. They're bad shots

2. They're sky busters and just don't know it.

You do not need magnum loads to kill ducks IF you are shooting at ducks that are at reasonable distances.

Sure, lead carries more energy, but cheap steel loads will kill ducks stone dead at 40 yards and that is certainly sky busting distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post

1. They're bad shots

You do not need magnum loads to kill ducks IF you are shooting at ducks that are at reasonable distances.

Sure, lead carries more energy, but cheap steel loads will kill ducks stone dead at 40 yards and that is certainly sky busting distance.
                          I don't shoot mags. I shoot Kent fasteel #4. And I don't pull the trigger until their feet are down over the water. Yes I kill a lot of ducks. But there's probably a dozen or more a season I would have also killed if shooting lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post

1. They're bad shots

I couldn't agree with you more! Spot on. (but I'd still prefer to shoot 2 3/4" lead #5's for ducks in the timber or #6 lead 3" .410 for early teal. )

Comment

Working...
                            X