No announcement yet.

DIY Bow Press / Draw Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They do take time. Looks real nice, you did a good job on those fingers.

Comment

I went through the exact same excercise you're going though. I'm not a fan of the closest pro shop so that motivated me to build my own equipment. The finger design is the hardest part to the press build. Need to be careful with the hole location in the fingers, too far forward and your cam will come in contact with the press frame.

Steel185 that is a great method to attach the fingers to the press, way more simple than what I came up with.

Great build, you'll love being able to work on your gear at home.

Here's a pic of my press:

Last edited by JES; 01-15-2017, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Used the press for several hours today. Works like a charm

Comment

Great job! I'd like to know exactly what the dimensions are of the press, if you get a chance. Maybe edit some photos to show?

And how short of ATA will it press to?

Comment

Awesome build bud!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              Great job! I'd like to know exactly what the dimensions are of the press, if you get a chance. Maybe edit some photos to show?

Here is a very detailed post with material list and steps on how to do it. There are also "other versions" if you read far enough. It's 1600+ posts long, so plan accordingly. Material list is on post #2

Comment

Originally posted by Steel185 View Post
                Here is a very detailed post with material list and steps on how to do it. There are also "other versions" if you read far enough. It's 1600+ posts long, so plan accordingly. Material list is on post #2

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1489937
                I have not been there in a few years. Entered my user name and pass word and it no worky (SMH ). Even requested a new password a few times and nothing came to my email inbox . Course, I only had one post over there. Had been a member since 2006 and didn't make that one post till 2012.

Comment

Sorry. I thought you could check out the link as a guest.

Comment

Sorry. I thought you could check out the link as a guest.
                    I can read the text. But I can't see the pics.

I've been having a puter connection problem the last two days too. ISP has been slowly failing for the last few months. Don't know if that has anything to do with it. Or if it's the moisture we got or what. But couldn't upload anything last night. And my wifi kept cutting out. Did for a little while this morning too. I"m about ready to switch ISPs. I'll try again later today after this sun dries things up a bit.

Comment

I have not been there in a few years. Entered my user name and pass word and it no worky (SMH ). Even requested a new password a few times and nothing came to my email inbox . Course, I only had one post over there. Had been a member since 2006 and didn't make that one post till 2012.
                      Something happened about a year ago and it messed up many of the member's profiles. If you can't sign in try making a account with your old username. If it comes back that it is an active user you will need to email an admin to get it sorted out; or just make a completely new account with a new username.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                        Something happened about a year ago and it messed up many of the member's profiles. If you can't sign in try making a account with your old username. If it comes back that it is an active user you will need to email an admin to get it sorted out; or just make a completely new account with a new username.
                        OK. Thanks brother! How's that Wildman doing? Ain't seen him in forever.

Comment

OK. Thanks brother! How's that Wildman doing? Ain't seen him in forever.
                          He's old, crotchety, cantankerous and fat; so, basically nothing's changed!

Comment

They do take time. Looks real nice, you did a good job on those fingers.
                            The fingers were definitely the hardest part but I was determined.

Comment

I will give more detail when I get time but the main body is 30" of 14ga 2x2 square tubing. The telescopes inside are all close to that same size. The press will go down to 12"s so I could press a 13" ata bow. I did this for cross bows. If you have any specific questions or need help building one I will answer the best I can.

Comment

Thanks for the info, cause I was wondering if it would work on some of the super short ata x-bows. I have one. As well as several vertical bows. I've also been considering a target bow for 3D later which usually have long ATAs. I sold my Apple press few years ago wanting to get an X-press. I had considered building before. But this seems more logical for me to do/build now. Especially since I've been fabbing and welding metal for over 30 years, . I just don't like buying materials, or more than I need.

Comment

Working...
                                X