Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Move to North Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was 10 at my house this morning, but no wind (mercifully). I talked to a buddy that is hunting near Albany, about 25 miles away. It was 4 there.

Regardless of temp, you can have my spot in DFW. I don't ever plan to claim it. Wherever it is, it's WAY too close to a whole bunch of other people's spots.

Comment

Originally posted by pse3 View Post
      Howe
      x2 quiet town nice place to raise a family and good schools

Comment

My wife and I lived in Aubrey, North of Denton, for 3 years and we loved it, we just didn't like commuting in DFW and living so far from our families who live further South, especially after having a little one.

Comment

Id say Weatherford. Great town. My mom lived there for 35 years. Good place. Great breakfast at Weatherford Cafe. I remodeled her house when she passed away and sold it for 105K in a nice little neighborhood by the school and library. Good luck!!!

Comment

Times a coming. I will wait a little longer. Waited this
            Long already but I am moving.

Rick

Comment

My mom and dad just moved to Prosper. It is a nice little town and close to everything in Dallas. To me the area seemed very new and booming.

Comment

im debating if it would be better to move around the dallas/ft worth area or austin? any thoughts?

My wife did say when my youngest is out of school 4 years, she would probly move. I told her I need some kind of time frame

rick

Comment

uh Austin? NO!

Comment

how come?

Comment

Sulphur Springs. I30 all the way in

Comment

Originally posted by thehairlessone! View Post
                        how come?
                        Too liberal for me

Comment

Originally posted by thehairlessone! View Post
                          how come?
                          I say cost of living is much higher and the FRUIT level is off the charts. Move to Oklahoma, Obama didn't win a county there, the only state to sweep Republican.
                          Last edited by oktx; 01-25-2014, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Austin, San Marcos, New Braunfels San Antonio and the hill country out west is easily the best, coolest, most beautiful part of Texas. North Texas is blah in comparison........I was born in Denison and lived in DFW from 15-33. You could not drag me back kicking and screaming. The liberal talk is hilarious. All of the major metro areas in Texas voted Obama. LOL.

Not to mention he doesn't want to live in Austin per say so yeah.....the Hill Country. Wimberley, Canyon Lake, Fredericksburg. Uh huh. That and you are 3 hours from the coast.

If it is North Texas you must, McKinney or denton sound like what you want.

How about this? You spend a weekend checking out North Texas and do the same around Austin and tell us what you think. LOL.
                            Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 01-25-2014, 08:32 AM.

Comment

We lived in Leander for a year (north of Austin). That area is some if the most beautiful Texas scenery ruined by all the fruit loop people. I live north of Fort Worth off of 287 and really like it here. I am exactly an hour from the Red River, an hour to five hours from Dallas depending on traffic (I strongly dislike Dallas as well). About 30 minutes from DFW airport, and most importantly, 10 minutes from Cinnamon Creek.

Comment

Out of 12 of our neighbors in Leander, 8 were from California, two from Illinois, one from Wisconsin, and the other native Texan liberal a-holes.

Comment

Working...
                                X