Maverick Thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maverick Thermometer

I am looking for a thermometer for my trailer smoker. Which one would you recommend?

the one in your thread topic.

Comment

I have the 733 model. I'm less than impressed with it. It's hell to program, and is 6°-8° lower than it should read.

Comment

nvmd. I was thinking temp gauge.

Comment

Guess I should be more clear...which model?

Comment

I have the 732 with the dual probes (meat and smoker temp). It's worked great for about 6 years now. I do see that the ThermoPro gets great reviews on Amazon though. Maybe another option? https://www.amazon.com/ThermoPro-Wir...at+thermometer

Comment

I have the ThermoPro with dual probes and it has worked good. Free replacement probes for life.

Comment

I have the Maverick 733 and it has been good.

Comment

I have the 735 app-enabled remote thermometer. I have the app on my phone that makes programming/monitoring really nice. I'd buy it again. It came with 2 probes but has capacity for up to 4 probes. I need to get 2 more probes for cooking multiple items at once in my Dutch ovens. I checked mine for accuracy by putting the probes in boiling water. Both read 212 degrees. I know my cooking chart for prime rib works with them... 120 degrees for rare and 135 for medium... did that for Christmas. Cooked 2 standing rib roasts ("prime rib"). Pulled one at 120 and the other at 135... This is what they looked like when sliced...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7270.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	24523634

You can see the receiver hanging on the right side of my cooking table and the probe wires going into the ovens in this pic. If I had 4 probes, I'd put one under the ovens to let me know when to add charcoal briquettes. I do that when only using one oven and it helps keep the temperature more even by letting me know when the temp under the oven begins to drop as the charcoals burn up...

Name:	IMG_7266.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	24523635

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
                    I have the 732 with the dual probes (meat and smoker temp). It's worked great for about 6 years now. I do see that the ThermoPro gets great reviews on Amazon though. Maybe another option? https://www.amazon.com/ThermoPro-Wir...at+thermometer

I might have to give that one a try

Comment

I got the Thermaworks smoke for Christmas. I was going to purchase a maverick but received the smoke as a gift. Used it yesterday worked really well on a ten hour cook. This was my first time to use a wireless temperature receiver. I wished I would have bought one years ago. I hear great things about both. With the pit temp probe at the grate was amazed the temp difference between the probe and gauge on the lid. Really cool product.

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero88 View Post
                        I got the Thermaworks smoke for Christmas. I was going to purchase a maverick but received the smoke as a gift. Used it yesterday worked really well on a ten hour cook. This was my first time to use a wireless temperature receiver. I wished I would have bought one years ago. I hear great things about both. With the pit temp probe at the grate was amazed the temp difference between the probe and gauge on the lid. Really cool product.
                        This is what amazed me as well! In my stick burner, the difference is over a hunert degrees sometimes!!

Comment

The Mavericks thermoes are awesome but if you want simplicity I would roll with the ET-732 in the group. I have a 732 and 733 and use the 732 every smoke. I'll pull out the 733 if I have multiple briskets or pork butts. I'm on year 5 or 6 with my 732 and year 3 with the 733.

To be able to walk inside during the heat of the day or work in my home office and monitor the smoker temp and meat temp is a game changer. I can work in my shop or mow the yards and watch as well.

Name:	Poke 9.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	24523638
                          Last edited by Smart; 12-27-2017, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero88 View Post
                            With the pit temp probe at the grate was amazed the temp difference between the probe and gauge on the lid. Really cool product.
                            Yup......It was an eye opener. When folks tell me their lid thermo says something, I always tell them its probably hotter at the grate where the meat actually sits.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Yup......It was an eye opener. When folks tell me their lid thermo says something, I always tell them its probably hotter at the grate where the meat actually sits.
                              Yea, WAY hotter! I thought about getting me some longer probes on my lid thermometers, but since I got used to using the Mavericks, I don't even mess with the lid thermometers anymore...

Comment

Working...
                              X