No announcement yet.

Moultrie Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ruled it out after I found out the total camera cost was similar to my Covert's and the plan has really no benefits

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      I ruled it out after I found out the total camera cost was similar to my Covert's and the plan has really no benefits
      Hmm, I have a compatible camera already so I'm only looking at $200 hardware.

Edit: found the plan pricing.

Comment

Got one for $159 at the Gander that is closing. May run out tonight to set it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
          Hmm, I have a compatible camera already so I'm only looking at $200 hardware.

Edit: found the plan pricing.
          Yeah I have 3 also....but another $200 per modem plus coverage is same price as a Covert

Comment

I was a bit nervous about trying to accomplish setup at the lease today but it went easy. I downloaded the camera firmware update on a blank SD and updated the camera first. Everything connected as it was supposed to and I have a bunch of test pics. The small plan was gonna come out to $12 and change monthly.

Comment

Well I guess time will tell and I really won't know how effective this system is until I pull the card. Moultrie says it is set up correctly but I'm not seeing as many pics as I expected. Could be my feeder not spinning but I doubt that. Could also be that the timber co is in there spraying and has scattered the critters. They hung a sign on the gate notifying of Herbicide application for the next month.
              Anyway, I like the app and its very simple. Got 6 pics tonight.

Comment

Just an update for anyone interested. I'd say the solar 12 volt battery is a must for this system. My camera ran all last summer and through the fall season on 8 lithium AA but the USB transfer to the modem drains them in a week.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Ran into a little glitch with it this weekend. It sends pics at 10:30am and 10:30pm. Default I guess and I don't get to pick the time, just weather I want once or twice a day. This is for battery life I guess.

Anyway, I was waiting for my upload Sat night and got an alert saying I had 125 pics for upload which was over the limit I set. It gave me the option to proceed and I selected upload but have not seen anything since. I went to settings and bumped the upload limit to 160 but the camera has checked in twice since and still not uploaded. This is aggravating.

Comment

Just an update for anyone wondering - Moultrie is crap. I'm done and going to pull both my cameras and modem on the next trip. They all technically "work" but I'm totally dissatisfied with the performance. I've had an IR issue on a brand new A20i and had to bring it home to re-calibrate the sensor since all my night pics were solid black. Now it shows some night pics but the IR flash is not nearly strong enough and the images are poor. Both that camera and my A7 constantly give me pics of nothing because the trigger time is too slow, much slower than advertised. Sunday I watched pigs at the feeder for a full 2 minutes before I shot. The camera only recorded me walking through there 5 minutes later. My feeder is well within the specified detection range. The battery compartment on the A7 fills with water during a hard storm too.
                      The app won't load my pics half the time I open it lately and I have to go to my computer web browser which is a pain. Cancelling that account.

Comment

Working...
                      X