No announcement yet.

Camp Bullis 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to hunt this year, my area as of now is open for opening wknd.
    9 more long days...
    Last edited by That Guy; 09-22-2016, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by born-two-hunt View Post
      Here is the Camp Bullis double drop tine I hunted for all of last season. Have 7-8 game camera pictures of him but we never crossed paths. I hunted everyday that my area was open from Sep-Jan. Had several140 class bucks that were regulars but by mid Dec their antlers were busted up. Tom
      Tom that is awesome, most guys that hunt there do not have the patience like that, dedicated hunter for sure, thanks!

That's a really nice buck, hope he crosses paths with me

Comment

very few pics of any wtd during the day

Comment

I have 3 to 4 sounders, est over 60 easily showing up mostly at night, and some sleeping next to the feeder. Only couple small bucks during the day and three does, I have only shooter buck showing during the dark hours.

Two boars with 4-5in cutters and one with ear tag.

only shooter buck

Comment

Only pics I have are of does. Mix on night and day. Hopefully they pull in some bucks when it gets colder

Comment

Only a few more days...

Prospects for opening day looking great! Pretty routine daytime activity in 8A for deer, turkey, and hogs. Good luck next weekend everyone!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by msims6288 View Post
                Prospects for opening day looking great! Pretty routine daytime activity in 8A for deer, turkey, and hogs. Good luck next weekend everyone!
                Dang man, you got everything coming in!

Comment

Originally posted by JCG View Post
                  Dang man, you got everything coming in!
                  x2

Comment

I only have one buck on cam at but dont think hell even make the 13" rule. But there is a huge game trail going past cam but only 1 deer on cam

Comment

Acorns are the issue right now. My area is loaded with them every where and so the big smart bucks and other deer don't need to frequent the corn feeders right now. I do have a few nice buck on camera during the day, but mainly got the hogs coming in for the corn right now. My guess is once the acorn crop dries up or the ones on the ground go bad the deer will be back at the feeder. Only a little time will tell. But, less than a week and we'll be live!

Comment

Originally posted by MilMan View Post
                        Acorns are the issue right now. My area is loaded with them every where and so the big smart bucks and other deer don't need to frequent the corn feeders right now. I do have a few nice buck on camera during the day, but mainly got the hogs coming in for the corn right now. My guess is once the acorn crop dries up or the ones on the ground go bad the deer will be back at the feeder. Only a little time will tell. But, less than a week and we'll be live!
                        I agree, very productive crop of acorns this year compared to last year on Bullis.

Comment

Where does everyone get their corn. I've been getting mine at Walmart. 50# bag is $7.50 I used to get a deer feed at home in Ohio from a feed mill for the same price but it was loaded with goodies the deer loved like molasses and oats and grains with a base of corn. I know we can't use that on Bullis so I'm just curious where people are getting theirs and how much?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbousmc View Post
                            Where does everyone get their corn. I've been getting mine at Walmart. 50# bag is $7.50 I used to get a deer feed at home in Ohio from a feed mill for the same price but it was loaded with goodies the deer loved like molasses and oats and grains with a base of corn. I know we can't use that on Bullis so I'm just curious where people are getting theirs and how much?
                            I get the apple corn at Walmart

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbousmc View Post
                              I like the plain yellow bag corn from Academy, $5.99 40# bag.

Comment

Anybody know whats' up with pigs with ear tags? I've got pictures of one that has tags in both ears. Wish they would keep us better informed. Tom 6A-3.

Comment

Working...
                                X