Brazos Bend State Park Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brazos Bend State Park Hunt

Anyone else get drawn for the Rifle Hunt 11/13-15? Either Sex hunt. Never been and couldn't find much info on it when using the search function.

Thanks

I was thinking of entering but forgot so I’ll might if I remember next year . This is the only thing I found online . https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/hunt...ures/ALLBB.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
      Anyone else get drawn for the Rifle Hunt 11/13-15? Either Sex hunt. Never been and couldn't find much info on it when using the search function.

Thanks

I’m jealous you got drawn and I didn’t. Probably gonna be hot and a lot of mosquitos, bring a thermacell. There’s some good deer running around in that park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got to remember this for next year. I'm just right down the road from there.

Comment

Originally posted by TX Outlaw View Post
          I was thinking of entering but forgot so I’ll might if I remember next year . This is the only thing I found online . https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/hunt...ures/ALLBB.pdf
          I saw the same thing on the website. Just haven't seen a whole lot else out there. I know deer are everywhere out there. Just curious if anyone had any first hand experience. Thanks for the link!

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
          I’m jealous you got drawn and I didn’t. Probably gonna be hot and a lot of mosquitos, bring a thermacell. There’s some good deer running around in that park.

You aren't lying. I was down in Thompsons last night and the mosquitoes were awful. With all the rain we have been having they are bound to be bad until we get a good freeze.

Comment

Yep I was down Sunday picking up a tree stand in LJ and I was just getting swarmed with mosquitos

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

Im pending 2nd draw so probably not going to get drawn. I put in because it is just down the road from where I live.

Comment

I’m pending the second draw too. I took vacation from work to take a chance on standby a couple of years ago, but they cancelled all standby spots. TPWD website showed the standby spots were still available, but at the Park I was shown the backside of the gate and told that Austin was slow on updating their website. Guess they’re too busy smoking weed to do their job in Capital City. Yep, I’m still a little bitter.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                    I saw the same thing on the website. Just haven't seen a whole lot else out there. I know deer are everywhere out there. Just curious if anyone had any first hand experience. Thanks for the link!

You aren't lying. I was down in Thompsons last night and the mosquitoes were awful. With all the rain we have been having they are bound to be bad until we get a good freeze.
                    Yea that the only thing I found also I saw one video on you tube about someone hunting there but that’s all that I could find only . Good luck if no ones post any information let us know how your hunt goes .

Comment

I believe they hunt by assigned blinds. You should see lots of deer, never seen a monster but it should be an enjoyable hunt. As it stands I may be off during that hunt and will go down for a standby if available.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

All sounds good. I think it is assigned spots. Luck of the draw I guess. I’m not too mad at them but looking forward to hunting down there. Should be a good time and only 40 minutes from my house and office.

Comment

Tons of deer there! Just watch out for those gators.

Comment

I have a coworker that lives right there in Damon and has hunted it 3-4 times over the years and never killed anything there. I'm pretty close but have never put in for it.

Comment

There are decent deer down there but really good bucks are not around every corner. Many deer are too close to 13” inside to call. Don’t expect hill country numbers or south Texas size. And as said mosquitoes are already bad! If you make a mistake I’ve heard the wardens are easier on you if you’re honest. Good luck let us know how you do

Comment

Working...
                              X