• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
    Wrangler cowboy cut chambray
    Those are made for watching the work get done and not for doing the work

Comment

Cut the sleeves off one of them Walmart Henley shirts and your as cool as it gets.

It really depends on the humidity or lack thereof, heavy baggy cotton (not ripstop) is best for arid environments

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
        This. I also keep a cooler with ice/water and a couple caps full of ammonia in it. Take my shirt off and drench it in this marvelous stuff every hour or so and put back on and keep rolling. I rarely wear short sleeves in the sun anymore.

Ammonia???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you wait for a sale (right now they're almost 40% off) you can get Eddie Bauer Guide shirts surprisingly cheap.
          They are cool, durable, and are made of UPF 50 material.

Comment

Those funky thin shirts hold heat and sweat like a trash bag

Comment

Originally posted by bermise View Post
              Game guard micro fiber short sleeve. Holds up to south texas mesquite good and is very hard to stain.

https://www.gameguard.net/collection...r-short-sleeve
              Don't think I've ripped one of these yet but I stain the crap out of them.

Still my preferred shirt when compared to columbia or magellan

Comment

I wear the game guard long sleeves at work due to long sleeves being required but they will snack on thorns or barb wire. Magellan is my second choice. So happy they’re not pushing fr right now.

Comment

Tee shirt with a gator and cap. Keeps sun off my head and neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bh_liberty View Post
                    Ammonia???

Yuuuuup. As stated above it is actually SOA. If you want to be a dandy you can do the same with Florida Water. . What did that dude say about Florida Water? Haaaa

Comment

I wear Dickies brown long sleeves at work. Available at Walmart They now come in flex material. Toughest shirts I've worn, not quite as cool as 100% cotton but still bearable and I work in a very hot environment.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

I work in the dickies nylon (?) Tshirts Walmart sells for $9.99. Same material as under armor shirts but not compression. I wear short sleeves, but have a couple of long sleeves. No collars though. They wick sweat out to evaporate and cool you off. Good for undershirts in the winter too, but cold if worn alone in cooler weather. I worked for an outfit once that gave us heavy cotton shirts to work in (a/c service), and during the heatwave summer (1980) they were very comfortable. For ranch work, I would try the Carhart long sleeve heavy shirts untucked.

Comment

I always seem to sweat more in fishing shirts. Feel like they don't breathe very well.

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
                            I always seem to sweat more in fishing shirts. Feel like they don't breathe very well.
                            x2

Comment

Working...
                            X