No announcement yet.

Stinkin' Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you honestly believe that the dogs owners think it's just fine to let their animals roam other peoples property unchecked an nobody would have a problem with that? I'm responsible for my dog. She is in or on a run, in the fenced yard or in the house. Not running free and vagrant. A dog gets loose and wanders through it gets a pass. It's chasing game, not. That's not a once in a while thing. That is a stray dog being a predator on my property.

People like you however don't understand because you grew up on watching Disney movies in the city. Never saw a pregnant cow ran until she collapses and still births her calf. Never seen a bleating fawn dragged around by the neighbors husky. Get a little perspective instead of calling someone a Ahole.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      So you honestly believe that the dogs owners think it's just fine to let their animals roam other peoples property unchecked an nobody would have a problem with that? I'm responsible for my dog. She is in or on a run, in the fenced yard or in the house. Not running free and vagrant. A dog gets loose and wanders through it gets a pass. It's chasing game, not. That's not a once in a while thing. That is a stray dog being a predator on my property.

People like you however don't understand because you grew up on watching Disney movies in the city. Never saw a pregnant cow ran until she collapses and still births her calf. Never seen a bleating fawn dragged around by the neighbors husky. Get a little perspective instead of calling someone a Ahole.
      I said it's an ahole move, didn't call anyone an ahole.
      Now your telling me where I grew up and what I've seen. My point proven. Narrow minded. Good luck out there. You'll need it.

Comment

stinkin dogs

Originally posted by strigif0rm3s View Post
        i said it's an ahole move, didn't call anyone an ahole.
        Now your telling me where i grew up and what i've seen. My point proven. Narrow minded. Good luck out there. You'll need it.
        wow

Comment

Originally posted by strigif0rm3s View Post
          I said it's an ahole move, didn't call anyone an ahole.
          Now your telling me where I grew up and what I've seen. My point proven. Narrow minded. Good luck out there. You'll need it.
          Sheesh, Who's the Ahole now! . Hope some dogs ruin your hunts

Comment

Its an ahole move to be too ignorant to keep YOUR pets on YOUR property. IF my dogs just so happened to get out of their pens and chase deer on someones property id expect them to shoot em. Id take blame for not making sure they couldnt get out.

Comment

I love dogs.
              I don't love other people's dogs.
              My dogs are kept home.
              I expect others to do the same.

I give one heads up on those dogs/dog owners if I know them.

The one's I don't know get a nice note in a shot shell taped to the collar if there is one.

After that all bets are off. I don't like dogs roaming my property.

Rick

Comment

It's not just ruining a hunt. Those same dogs will chase a fawn and when they catch it, kill it.

Comment

It's like the guy being all put out for being run off my land in Missouri. He says "I didn't know anyone hunted here or I wouldn't have.". To which I replied "But you knew it wasn't your land right?". I get it's really not the dogs fault but to protect your land, your investment, your stock and the game you have to be able to do what needs to be done. Then again, we have a backhoe . . .

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                    I love dogs.
                    My dogs are kept home.

The one's I don't know get a nice note in a shot shell taped to the collar if there is one.

Rick
                    Seems pretty common sense. Give em a chance at least.

Comment

I love dogs.
                      My dogs are kept home.

Rick
                      Agreed. Seems fair to me. Kinda my point. Give them the benefit of the doubt FIRST.

Like i said, if it's an ongoing issue totally see where someone is coming from.
                      But to reach for the gun at first sight of a dog chasing game "or 2 legged poacher" seems highly irresponsible and immature.

Comment

There is a hispanic family living next door to me. They have 5 dogs that hang out at the end of their driveway. This is in the country on a dirt road, 6 miles from the nearest blacktop.
                        Three of the dogs are smaller wiener dogs and chihuahuas. But the other two are big. One is a mutt, no telling whats in him and the other is a pitbull.
                        They like to chase cattle and the owners have been warned before. IF i catch them on my property, they will not be found. We just had 4 cows drop calves this week. I will not risk letting my calves die and these dogs run off any deer i have around. Their constant barking is driving me up the wall.
                        They roam the street up and down and chase any cattle they see barking the whole way.

OP, i feel your pain. I hate it just as much as the next person.
                        Last edited by bloodstick; 11-23-2016, 12:28 PM.

Comment

East Texas at its finest
                          Yew!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                            There is a hispanic family living next door to me. They have 5 dogs that hang out at the end of their driveway. This is in the country on a dirt road, 6 miles from the nearest blacktop.
                            Three of the dogs are smaller wiener dogs and chihuahuas. But the other two are big. One is a mutt, no telling whats in him and the other is a pitbull.
                            They like to chase cattle and the owners have been warned before. IF i catch them on my property, they will not be found. We just had 4 cows drop calves this week. I will not risk letting my calves die and these dogs run off any deer i have around. Their constant barking is driving me up the wall.
                            They roam the street up and down and chase any cattle they see barking the whole way.

OP, i feel your pain. I hate it just as much as the next person.
                            And i totally agree. Seems fair. warning(s) given etc etc. they had their chance.

Comment

Originally posted by rickbarbee View Post
                              i love dogs.
                              My dogs are kept home.

I give one heads up on those dogs/dog owners if i know them.

The one's i don't know get a nice note in a shot shell taped to the collar if there is one.

Rick
                              Sounds fair to me.
                              Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 11-23-2016, 12:37 PM. Reason: I agree. If I don't know the owner...there's no free pass.

Comment

I love dogs.
                                My dogs are kept home.

Rick
                                I like this approach!

Comment

Working...
                                X