Bonham hog problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonham hog problem

Does anyone know of any public land in the Bonham or Paris area to hunt hogs? I've heard several people complain about the hogs coming close to their houses. Not sure about hunting that close to someone's house.

There was some public down by Telephone Tx. very close to the river. That is all I know of.

Comment

Thank you Wanderin.

Comment

I hunted Wolf City/Bonham Public lands and they had lots of turkey too. Hogs were nocturnal when I was hunting that area.

Comment

Hey Lock, where do I find information about the public lands in those areas?

Comment

You have Caddo Nat. Grasslands around Lake Coffemill and Crocket north of Bonham. They are run by the state and are type 2; you need to buy $50permit to hunt. Turkey and deer are draw only, I do not know about the hog hunting used to have certain season or time you could hunt. Pat Mayse lake north of Paris has some Corp property around it, but you will need a boat to get to it. It also has Type 2 on the west end; Pat Mayse WMA. Same thing turkey and deer draw I do not know about hogs. Lots of hogs north of Bonham on private property, but do not know anyone with a place.Good Luck

Comment

Lots of hogs up by lake coffee mill area and a lot of public land around there.

Comment

Fannin lake is archery only I believe, just north of Bonham and no APH needed

Comment

The U.S. Forest Service manages the Caddo National Grasslands. TPWD manages the wildlife in cooperation with the Forest Service.

The Caddo N.G. is comprised of three units. The Bois D'Arc and Ladonia Units are WMA's.

The Fannin Unit is not part of the WMA. It is bow hunting only for deer and hogs. It is near Telephone and Duplex just north of Bonham.

For additional information and maps contact the Caddo/LBJ Ranger District in Decatur at 940 627-5475.

Comment

Anyone want to see what hogs can be found and throw a few shafts their way?

Comment

Working...
                    X