Carved bow risers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carved bow risers

Yesterday, my boss asked me to make three knives for his grandchildren to give to them after he dies, and he gave me a sketch of his cattle brand because he wants me to inlay the brand into his knife handles. I've never done any inlaying before, so last night I got on youtube and watched a bunch of videos on inlaying, which I thought was pretty cool. That got me thinking about carved knife handles, so I look at some stuff on carving. Then I decided to google "carved bow risers," and found this web page for Blacktail Bows Legacy series. I thought these risers were pretty cool looking, and I was just curious what y'all thought.

This page provides information about the Blacktail Bows Legacy series bows. The investment-grade Legacy series bows feature hand carving, hand engraving, hand inlay, heirloom craftsmanship

I may try it on a future bow or maybe some knife handles or maybe some pistol grips.

Wow that's beautiful work on those risers.

Comment

Those arrows are pretty cool, too, huh?

Comment

That is one fine looking bow with a really fine looking price tag!!!!

You should also check out the 1/2 dz arrows he sells for like $600 on the same site. Coolest darn arrows you have ever seen!

Bisch
        Last edited by Bisch; 11-11-2014, 10:08 AM.

Comment

I saw the arrows, but I couldn't find a price on those bows.

Comment

Nevermind. I found them.

Comment

Yep I noticed the arrows also. Great work but at those prices his customer pool has to be small.

Comment

Originally posted by texasrig View Post
                Yep I noticed the arrows also. Great work but at those prices his customer pool has to be small.
                He sells regular bows too. Blacktail is an old well established company that makes great high quality bows. Even the "regular" bows are up there in price, but nothing like those Legacy bows. I doubt he sells many, but it is definitely a tribute to his artistic ability!

Bisch

Comment

I doubt he could make many considering the time it would take. The idea with bows like that is to price them in such a way that very few people would want them anyway. Otherwise, you'd never keep up with demand.

Comment

Yeah yall make good points. More of a collectors item.

Comment

Just think Sam, you could go back to you tube and learn how to make your own carving knives, in order to carve risers and handles.

Comment

Man those are awesome.

Seems like your boss would want the a mini brand branded onto the knives rather than inlayed.

Comment

Sam I know that you'll do a great job on his knives, can't wait to see them.

Comment

Good luck brother

Comment

Picked up carving with the idea in mind to do that to my bow. Not that skilled it ends up. Haha

Comment

Working...
                              X