Tawakoni lake public deer hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tawakoni lake public deer hunting

Anyone hunt there last year, looking into hunting there next year, apparently its archery only.
    Last edited by DFWarcher; 05-07-2007, 07:19 PM.

I bet there are some monsters there!

Comment

I hunted there a couple of years back on some private land that no one else hunts. Not that many deer out there where I hunted, but I also was at a place that let me trap hogs and man they had deer out your....well they had a lot. In back of this land now, they high fenced it so it has pushed the deer into small pockets and these small pockets hold a lot of deer. I posted pics of deer we saw out there a couple of years back. But I also hear that the public land is hunted hard.

Comment

where could i get some info on the land to hunt out there

Comment

When you buy the Type II license the TPWD will send you the booklet listing all public lands with maps and boundaries. Or now go to the TPWD website and look under hunting\public lands\Tawakoni and it'll tell you the areas, etc. Now realize this is NOT THE STATE PARK! There's no hunting allowed at all there.
          I also know that the Sabine River Authority has been vacillating on whether to open up the area below the dam to hog hunting with the TPWD as they're afraid of a 'redneck invasion' with wild pigs running around with arrows sticking out of them at angles.......it's a PRIME SPOT for hogs.
          Write the Sabine River Authority and let them know bowhunters---most of us----aren't like that!

Comment

what side of the lake has public hunting? I have fished that lake for many years have seen some good deer, but have never hunted it.

Comment

/

Comment

I hunted out there 2 years ago and seen alot of deer in the duck cove unit. I only saw one other hunter out there for the two weeks I was there. Its a pretty good place to hunt.

Comment

A few years ago on the south side of the lake(I forget the road) a gal hit a monster buck that now hangs in the TPWD office in Garland.

Comment

Working...
                  X