Trad article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trad article

I know some of you guys only visit the trad forum so I wanted to provide a link to the post I made over in "Around the Campfire"

Great story !

Comment

Excellent, John. You never lose that 13yr old kid feeling with trad!

Bisch

Comment

Great story John.

Comment

Great write up John.

By the way - that 13 year old boy with the dead rabbit feeling never goes away. At least it hasn't for me. It's what keeps the fire alive, and why stickbow hunting is the only way I go at it.

Rick

Comment

thumbs up

Comment

Great story and write-up! Thanks for sharing it with us!!

Comment

Good story!

Comment

That's the best post I have read in some time. Thanks for the mention. You are a welcome and valued member of our community.

We need to do a hunt together soon.

Comment

Good stuff

Comment

Very nice John,
                      It is funny how missing with a trad bow is almost as fun as killing with it.
                      My very first shot at a live animal was 4 years ago, sitting in a tree stand in a pretty good cold rain. I was determained to shoot a deer so a little rain was not going to run me off. Well a big old 6 strolled in completely unaware I was there. As he turned broadside I slowly drew and the arrow was off before I could comprehend what I was actually doing.
                      Well the arrow flew a few inches over his back. Yes he ran off and no there would be no deer this day but the smile and chuckles lasted a week. A guy with a wheeled bow will never quite know the feeling that comes with a well placed trad. shot or the overwhelming feeling of a good clean miss

Comment

That was a great write up. Shooting trad has put the fire back in my belly and I get excited when I go out a just shoot in the yard. When I go on a hunt it is a completely different level.

Glenn

Comment

Working...
                        X