Should have went back to bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should have went back to bed

From the second i stepped out of the truck and the neighbors dogs ran up to me at the unit gate i knew it would be a long sit.
    Didnt even see a squirrel!
    Good job

I'm with you. I've been sitting in the stand since Thursday morning and only seen Dove and quail.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm moping around the house because I haven't hunted in a week. Thanks for making me feel a little better about it.

Comment

I told my 5 year old son I wasn't seeing any deer one season and he suggested I look behind every tree and bush! Shot a buck the next morning. You may try that.

Comment

Originally posted by Boone44 View Post
          he suggested I look behind every tree and bush!
          "from the mouth of babes." It is wonderful when you get a new perspective from a child whom cuts through all the extraneous.

Xbow, What do you think is keeping the deer away? Weather, acorns, dogs?

Comment

I'm seeing deer move on the mornings im there with no dogs present.

Comment

Plenty of acorns as well, but i cant put out corn anyhow. So that helps me

Comment

Sorry the dogs are blowing your hunts. Tough situation. Letting one's dog run deer is wrong. Period. But I am not a big fan of shooting pets, just b/c they **** me off.

If it is a recurring issue, perhaps the local GW could stop by the neighbors for an informal friendly chat about their responsibility as a pet owner. It is his job to protect the State's deer herd. Explaining the law to a pet owner is part of the job, I would think.

Comment

I would not shoot the mans dogs either. Im not 100% sure its not a stray. No collar. So i will not bother with the latter. Thank you, though i do agree with the statement above though.

Comment

Working...
                  X