Trap wise hogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trap wise hogs

I have been trapping hogs on my place for a while now with great success using just plain corn and corn with strawberry jello. It seems over the last month or so they have become wise of the traps and either won't enter or will only eat up to the trigger.

What do y'all use when your hogs start getting too smart for their own good?

Depending on what kind of trap............ I would move it if possible or just give it some time and try later on this year.

Comment

Deer guts- hogs can't resist them!

Comment

Catch a sow and make a small pen in the back of you trap.Then give her a dose of Lutalyse and she will come in heat.They will beat the door down.

Comment

Fish heads and guts work very well for me when they get tired of corn...

Comment

Feed them apples or pears injected with Everclear outside the trap and up to the trigger. Or as far as they will go to eat all the bait. About two days of the pigs eating the ethanol injected fruit and you will get them. It has worked for me many times. It don't take a lot of fruit either. 5 or 6 a day for a couple days, then BAM!!!
            Good Luck
            Also gives you an excuse to go to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Man View Post
              Feed them apples or pears injected with Everclear outside the trap and up to the trigger. Or as far as they will go to eat all the bait. About two days of the pigs eating the ethanol injected fruit and you will get them. It has worked for me many times. It don't take a lot of fruit either. 5 or 6 a day for a couple days, then BAM!!!
              Good Luck
              Also gives you an excuse to go to the liquor store.
              Im deff. Tryin this

I don't always kill animals with my assassin, but when I do I use BLOODRUNNERS!

Comment

i've had luck by switching up trap designs.

Comment

I am using a corral type trap with saloon style doors.

I am curious to try the everclear method. How do you inject the fruit with the liquor?

Comment

Use a syringe or a marinade injector. You can get syringes at feed stores and vet supply stores. Marinade injectors can be gotten at the grocery store.

Comment

Sure it's not all the fresh acorns on the ground? At my place after the acorns hit the ground the hogs are scarce to eat anything else but acorns!

Comment

Never let a live pig out. And when you are done gutting them, throw the guts back in the trap so the next one will get snack on his cousin.

Comment

Working...
                        X