Is he legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is he legal?

Hadn’t seen this deer since last season. He added a point from a 9 to a 10. Just worried he’s not 13+ inches. Here’s his last year picture and some from this week
    Last year

This week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say yes.

Comment

Yes and if not he is mature enough. Contact your local warden and ask them.

Comment

It looks like he is.

Comment

Yes

Comment

Look like it me, probably by an inch or so.

Comment

I would say yes.

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
              Yes and if not he is mature enough. Contact your local warden and ask them.
              Has anyone actually received the green light from a warden on a situation like this? I have seen it suggested a number of times, but never heard the end result.

Comment

id say yes

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                    Has anyone actually received the green light from a warden on a situation like this? I have seen it suggested a number of times, but never heard the end result.
                    Encounter last week I had regarding my deer would have made it a green light. My buck was legal but warden said purpose of the rule is to prevent 2-3 yr old bucks getting shot. If a deer is mature enough then yes they can give you the green light. Even if my buck would have been 12” or whatever I feel like he would have said ok. His words before he ever saw the buck were “he looked mature enough”. We talked for 15 minutes regarding ARs and purpose of the law. Have a deer in question that needs to be removed management wise and is in fact mature don’t be afraid to call them and discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                      Encounter last week I had regarding my deer would have made it a green light. My buck was legal but warden said purpose of the rule is to prevent 2-3 yr old bucks getting shot. If a deer is mature enough then yes they can give you the green light. Even if my buck would have been 12” or whatever I feel like he would have said ok. His words before he ever saw the buck were “he looked mature enough”. We talked for 15 minutes regarding ARs and purpose of the law. Have a deer in question that needs to be removed management wise and is in fact mature don’t be afraid to call them and discuss.
                      Did Chad tell you this?? I've never heard of any warden giving permission to break the law regardless of the intent of the law. I have a few warden friends and none would give an ok to shoot a buck under 13". Now some of them may only give a warning if you shoot one under 13" that is mature but they could also take the deer. I think it is great if they would give the ok on specific mature bucks but I think this would open up a can of worms they'd rather not deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
                        Did Chad tell you this?? I've never heard of any warden giving permission to break the law regardless of the intent of the law. I have a few warden friends and none would give an ok to shoot a buck under 13". Now some of them may only give a warning if you shoot one under 13" that is mature but they could also take the deer. I think it is great if they would give the ok on specific mature bucks but I think this would open up a can of worms they'd rather not deal with.

This

And OP, he's legal

Comment

I think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
                            My understanding from what he told me was if a “Mature” buck is close they will give a warning or if you have a “Mature” buck your curious about them co tact them. As I stated in my previous thread talking with him I don’t want to put words in his mouth. The conversation regarding ARs basically was reasoning for the law. A 2 yr old 8pt 12.5” wide would be cited. A 7yr old 8pt 12.5” wide may get you a warning. He didn’t state that exact example but that was my take on the conversation. If I have a mature deer on cam that is close I will contact him to discuss.

Comment

easily

Comment

Working...
                              X