Looking for Good gunsmith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Good gunsmith

I am in need of a good gunsmith that specializes in AR's, Just did a rebuild on a gun for my son and we are having problems. I live in The Woodlands area so preferably someone in that area, Thanks

What problems are you having. I am not far from you and have tons of AR tools. I have built my own and could work with you and your son. They are easy and simple. Great father and son time.

Comment

I agree. Seek some advice on here and I bet you can knock it out yourself. Also, TONS of YouTube videos on anything and everything AR and it shows you how to do it. Probably the easiest gun out there to work on yourself. Give it a go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

I’m in The Spring,woodlands area off 2920 and Kuykendahl

Comment

It jumps all over the paper and double fires and jams. So I think it is a couple different problems. Put on new AR15 parts barrel, Rainer muzzle break, scope mount, Geissele charging handle, Geisselle 3d-3g trigger, and other bolt on stuff.

Comment

Yes sir I have learn A LOT, figured out "gun stuff" & saved some $ along the way watching youtube.
              Kinda sorta sounds like slam fire to me & that ain't safe?
              WOW! I'm sure you've tried this but I'm still going to ask. How about different kinds of ammunition? Different manufactures, loads, grains, steel, brass, 223 & 5.56X45, FMJ, HP, etc..
              Last edited by texaspacker; 01-18-2018, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris1962 View Post
                It jumps all over the paper and double fires and jams. So I think it is a couple different problems. Put on new AR15 parts barrel, Rainer muzzle break, scope mount, Geissele charging handle, Geisselle 3d-3g trigger, and other bolt on stuff.

I’ll offer my input. On the all over the paper I would lean toward a loose barrel nut. Of course a loosely mounted scope or mount could cause some poi change.

The double fires could possibly be shooter error because of the geiselle 3 gun trigger. That is a fast trigger. An inexperienced shooter or a shooter unfamiliar with that trigger can easily for lack of a better term “bump fire” it.

And then again all issues could go back to trigger control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Jumping all over the paper could be a number of things. Have to eliminate them one at a time somehow. Scope not mounted correctly (screws loose), barrel not torqued correctly, bad ammo, or it could just be an inaccurate barrel.

As far as the double fire, should be either the trigger or gas system. Could be over/under gassed. My guess would be over gassed and it's throwing the BCG too hard. Which might mean you have to look out how the gas key is staked and the buffer system you have.

I'm no expert that for sure. Especially on the gas system. I have a little more knowledge on the triggers, and as long as you installed that Geiselle correctly, that should be the issue

Comment

Originally posted by Chris1962 View Post
                    I’m in The Spring,woodlands area off 2920 and Kuykendahl
                    Texas Shooter Supply is right by you.

Comment

Originally posted by afishinman14 View Post
                      Jumping all over the paper could be a number of things. Have to eliminate them one at a time somehow. Scope not mounted correctly (screws loose), barrel not torqued correctly, bad ammo, or it could just be an inaccurate barrel.

As far as the double fire, should be either the trigger or gas system. Could be over/under gassed. My guess would be over gassed and it's throwing the BCG too hard. Which might mean you have to look out how the gas key is staked and the buffer system you have.

I'm no expert that for sure. Especially on the gas system. I have a little more knowledge on the triggers, and as long as you installed that Geiselle correctly, that should be the issue

This is where I would start. I replied to your PM.

Nice trigger. Non-Adjustable so there should be 0% chance of a disconnector issue going on.

You need to hold and reset after recoil to eliminate bump firing. If gassing is off your BCG slam can slamfire weak primers sometimes.

Rest screams one of these.

1. Something is loose somewhere (lock down and torque down everything properly).
                      2. Barrel is not broken in properly.
                      3. Thin barrel that does not tolerate heating at all.

Comment

It was firing 2 like it was fully auto and then would do it again but 2nd bullet would not fire and it would jam. You could see where 2nd bullet was hit with firing pin but not hard enough to fire it. It does this cold and hot, does not matter.

Comment

Sounding alot like not holding the trigger back until reset. If that is not the case Geissele will want that trigger back.

Comment

MG Arms (Match Grade) is the place Chris!! Right down the street on Treshwig, few blocks from Carters Country. Kerry O'Day will get it fixed.

Comment

MG Arms

Comment

Working...
                              X