Golf cart engine rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf cart engine rebuild

My golf cart is an 88 ezgo that suddenly quit a few months ago. I figured our cart days were done because I'm not paying thousands for a newer one. I searched you tube for engine rebuild vids and found a series on an engine exactly like mine and it did not look very difficult so I ordered parts. They should be here next week. I got the engine out and pulled apart. Never done anything like this so it may be a complete failure in the end but parts with shipping was less than $300 so it won't be a giant loss if it does not work out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck Kirby. Keep us updated on your progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Double L View Post
        Good luck Kirby. Keep us updated on your progress.
        Yes sir, ill do my best to provide a lot of pictures and hope they are helpful to someone else some day

Comment

I'll follow along just because.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

we bought one on Ebay and had it installed, Good luck

Comment

Cool project.

If the rebuild doesn’t work, you may as well add a 20HP V-twin.

Lots of swap info for them.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                Cool project.

If the rebuild doesn’t work, you may as well add a 20HP V-twin.

Lots of swap info for them.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau
                I thought about a swap like that but i believe you loose reverse.

Comment

Looks like the parts will arrive today.

Comment

Tag and bag all the parts so you will know where they are and where they go back to. If you hone the cylinder, be sure and wash it with warm soapy water at least twice and dry completely. Wipe the cylinder walls with a white towel until there is nothing showing on the white towel. You can also wash with acetone. Light weight oil on the rings and piston, blue assembly lube on bearing parts.
                    When you finish and you still have parts left over don't worry.

Comment

Looks like a fun project. Keep us posted.

Comment

Keep us posted! Following....

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                          Tag and bag all the parts so you will know where they are and where they go back to. If you hone the cylinder, be sure and wash it with warm soapy water at least twice and dry completely. Wipe the cylinder walls with a white towel until there is nothing showing on the white towel. You can also wash with acetone. Light weight oil on the rings and piston, blue assembly lube on bearing parts.
                          When you finish and you still have parts left over don't worry.
                          I bought a new cylinder head.The old one was damaged pretty bad.
                          These parts look good ( from India I believe).
                          I'm taking everything to work with me tomorrow so tomorrow afternoon I'll post more pic's. Hopefully sunday I can install it and drive it around a little.
                          Most likely it will be sometime next week before I get to run it

Comment

Watching this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got the parts yesterday but did not have time to work on the project. I was planing to bring the engine with me to the FD this morning but for the first time in more than 10 years I forgot to set my alarm. Luckily my internal clock woke me up just 15 min late but I was in a hurry so didn't have time to load it.
                              Anyway here are the parts, from India. They seem as well built as the original parts so I have some confidence going forward.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X