Somebody please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Archery1st View Post
    What type of broadhead did he normally shoot?

Is the arrow & rest level - true center shot?

If so try raising the knock point, not the rest 1/8" above true center shot.
    It is not anymore because of the tuning charts, but nothing seems to help. We did not raise the knock point because of messing with the rest as per the charts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
      Shoot a different brand broad head
      not a choice, the BH is a 200 grain, you just don't find them laying around.

Comment

He's peeking a little to see where he's hitting. Gotta b still the entire shot.

Comment

What broadhead?

Comment

I'm willing to bet he has a very slight grip or form issue. It will not show with FT, but will with broad heads. Did you shoot his bow? Did the arrow flight/placement change when moving the rest?

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
              I'm willing to bet he has a very slight grip or form issue. It will not show with FT, but will with broad heads. Did you shoot his bow? Did the arrow flight/placement change when moving the rest?
              I did not shoot his bow because his peep and mine are way different and I would miss the entire target. as far as a change, yes....... but it was never a change to bring the two together. If they were 3 inches apart and we moved the rest up or down it was still the same gap. both would move the same distance in the same direction. The only change we noticed was maybe a slight left or right hit after the adjustment. Now let me say this, with every move it would not get any better or worse as far as distance between impact other that an 1/8 to 1/4 inch.

The guy can shoot really well and most all of the shots were at 20 yards with about 5 rounds being at 30 yards. What gets me is he broke 3 knocks with FP's at 20, but could not get the BH's to hit anywhere close. So as far as it being him, I have to lean to it was not.

Comment

What broadhead?
                it is a masia ( sp ) from grizzly stick 200 grain

Comment

Same vanes? If he were to shoot your arrows would it end up with the same inconsistency?

Comment

Originally posted by cfortner View Post
                    Same vanes? If he were to shoot your arrows would it end up with the same inconsistency?
                    only difference is the color ( both factory fletched with Blazers )

He did not shoot my arrows because they are the same arrows, bought at the same time, cut to the same length, and weigh within 2 grains of each other.

Comment

Don't think he's doing anything wrong if he's shooting tight groups with field points. Have him shoot one of your arrows and see if the results are the same. Whats the weight of the FPs?

Comment

Check your cam timing.

Comment

Sounds like yall have run the gammot on troubleshooting and still havent figured out what the reason for different POI. I suggest getting an actual scale (triple balance beam is best) and weigh the field points and broad heads and see if there is a weight difference in the two. You said they are both 200 gr, but there may be a slight difference in weight that will make a big difference. I have seen this several times before and also seen the slight difference in weight from a regular knock and a luminok will make a big difference in POI. Just a suggestion. I imagine he is getting pretty frustrated.

Comment

I am assuming that there is no difference in helical between the fletchings since they are factory fletched. Are they straight?

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
                              I did not shoot his bow because his peep and mine are way different and I would miss the entire target. as far as a change, yes....... but it was never a change to bring the two together. If they were 3 inches apart and we moved the rest up or down it was still the same gap. both would move the same distance in the same direction. The only change we noticed was maybe a slight left or right hit after the adjustment. Now let me say this, with every move it would not get any better or worse as far as distance between impact other that an 1/8 to 1/4 inch.

The guy can shoot really well and most all of the shots were at 20 yards with about 5 rounds being at 30 yards. What gets me is he broke 3 knocks with FP's at 20, but could not get the BH's to hit anywhere close. So as far as it being him, I have to lean to it was not.
                              I wouldn't expect to see a lot of change at 20 with small changes to the set-up. Has he shot FT/BH 20,30, and 40? Any change in POI there? Has he shot through paper?

Comment

I wouldn't expect to see a lot of change at 20 with small changes to the set-up. Has he shot FT/BH 20,30, and 40? Any change in POI there? Has he shot through paper?
                                Out to 30 with the same results. The fletchings are right helical but very slightly right

Comment

Working...
                                X