Grudges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjet View Post
    I lost many nights of sleep for years over a grudge. I was planning on taking the life of a guy that came close to taking mine.
    Eventually I understood that what happened that night probably saved my life in the long run. Funny how that kind of thing happens, was 3 decades ago and I hope that piece of garbage punk turned his life around and did some good with his life. We all screw up, specially in the younger years.
    Now I just have to hear the story.

Comment

Life is too short and nothing is worth carrying a grudge. My Dad did and I saw early on what it can do to ya. Wasn't a pretty thing at all.

Comment

I do on somethings, but don' t lose any sleep over it. I just ignore that person like they never existed. May not be the right thing to do,but that is how I am wired.

Comment

The best way to get rid of negativity is to displace it with something positive.

You get to decide what occupies your mind. Choose wisely.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Philippians4-8-SS-detail.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	24305240

Comment

I wished I could forgive and forget...For the life of me I cant get over it.
            I have a brother I haven't spoken to since our Mom's funeral and it was 6 years before that. Sad deal but try as I might...I cant do it.

Comment

I said earlier that I don't hold a grudge, I just get even but that isn't entirely true. The getting even is reserved for the small slights one can encounter in everyday life.

I hold three grudges (if you will) and those I will carry to my grave. If I could turn back the hands of time, I would act in a manner befitting the situation, but sadly todays laws prevent me from doing so.

One is the man who in his laziness or total disregard for others failed to inspect and repair the brakes on his garbage truck and to further exacerbate things was speeding in order to get off early; all of which resulted in the death of my grandson and my daughter.

The other two are my sister and her husband for the way they treated my mother while my dad was dying of Alzheimer's.

The rest, I've never forgiven but have long since stopped thinking about and removed myself from any association with the individuals. I find it best to just move on when one can.
              Last edited by Mike Javi Cooper; 05-16-2014, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by billfromtx View Post
                I wished I could forgive and forget...For the life of me I cant get over it.
                I have a brother I haven't spoken to since our Mom's funeral and it was 6 years before that. Sad deal but try as I might...I cant do it.
                Try it- forgiveness is not a free pass, just like holding onto a resentment isn't punishment to the other person. Forgiveness is liberating, holding onto that resentment is bondage for you and you alone.

There is no penance that can "earn" someone forgiveness.

Go to your brother and tell him that your forgive him for whatever the perceived wrong is, and that while you may not agree, think what he did or said was wrong, you hold no ill will towards him. If you aren't both blubbering idiots at the end of it, i'd be surprised.

Comment

I 've always been told that holding a grudge or harboring hate for someone is like drinking poison and hoping the other guy dies.

Comment

Forgiveness isn't easy. I don't believe it was ever intended to be. We are all flawed.

Comment

It is said, to forgive is to forget. If you can't forget, you really never forgave.
                      I think we all hold grudges in one way or another.
                      I do.

Comment

I can hold em. You just put them away until the right time for the verbal insult they have coming because they opened the door and then it is gone. When you put them away you are not dwelling on them, they are just waiting in the wings. Try it, it is very fun.

Comment

I have a few ...you can only let it go so many times

Comment

Thanks for the insights guys.
                            I'm working on the forgivness part.
                            Its the forgetting that is holding me back.

Comment

Good video. As others have said, life is too short to hold ill will.

Comment

Hmmm..

Everybody has em,I guess..I always refer to a quote I saw a long time ago..."Take a lesson from your dog..Kick dirt on that ####,and move on"...

Comment

Working...
                                X