Rice Bran Pellets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rice Bran Pellets?

Anybody using these in a protein/gravity feeder? My deer hammer the powder rice bran but it's gone in 2-3 days after I dump it out and I try to time it based on the weather forecast cause rain will ruin some of it. I'd like to fill a protein feeder with the pellets so I don't have to dump the powder out so often. Also, do they eat it the pellets the same as the powder?

havent tried it in a gravity feeder, but the pellets i got were pretty brittle. deer hit them at my place just like the powder

Comment

Yes they work good, not sure if better than regular protein. I feed both powder and pellets mixed together so the powder flows better in a feeder
      The nutrition in the pellets isn’t as good as straight powder.

Comment

I feed rice bran pellets in a boss buck style feeder with a "hammer" slide plate style timer, and the deer tear it up. The more slope in the feeder the better to ensure it flows well. For those that say they eat the powder better than the pellets, I disagree. I have had deer eating the powder I had out in a tub, and as soon as the hammer timer opens, the deer will leave the powder and go straight to the pellets.

Comment

Working...
        X