Lake Belton Fishing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Belton Fishing!

Alright needing a little help! The wife and I moved out right next to the lake in December. Started doing some bank fishing in the spring and did alright on Crappie (when they were shallow) and alright on smallmouth (also shallow). Now that they've moved back in deeper water im having trouble catching much. Went out on a buddy's boat last week and still had no luck. Had minnows and artificial baits but still only caught one bass in about 4 hours worth of fishing. I'm still new to fishing this lake so really just looking for information on where (dont have to be specific) and what may or may not work out here for! Love being so close to the water and I know the fish are out there just need a little help. Recently got a diablo kayak so I can get around some of the coves, but really don't want to get out deep if i'm not in a bigger boat. Too many stupid people out there. For anyone who chimes in I appreciate the help!

I'm not familiar with the lake but TPWD says they have white bass and hybrid strippers. If you have access to a boat use a 1/2 to 1 oz Castmaster lure, run a leader off the Castmaster hook about 12" then add a white jig and grub. Cruise looking for birds diving then cast into where the birds are working. Seem to work on all the new lakes I visit. The Castmaster and jig rig works well in shallow if the whites are running usually spring and fall.

Comment

You can fish Temple beach park out of the kayak. Summertime equals whites schooling in the mornings and evenings. Any white bass lure will work on the schools. I like to use something a little heavier to hopefully get to some of the bigger ones.

Comment

Like Jerry said, Temple Lake Park would be a good start. What part of the lake do you live on?

Comment

Thanks for the help y'all. We're on the East side over close to the Morgan's Point Marina. I will have to get out to Temple Lake Park and try to catch some whites. I would love to do some Hybrid fishing but like I said I just don't want to get out that deep in the Kayak. I rarely get access to a boat so mainly in the yak.

Comment

Agreed, going deep in a kayak seem like a good idea until you get there. Good luck and hope to see some pictures of your success.

Comment

Call me 512-921-7800
              Brad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

might also try around Rogers Park area.

Comment

Working...
                X