Facebook Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neck View Post
    I believe Congress passed a law way back when they can regulate the frequencies/airwaves. I don't think you want the feds doing the same on the internet.
    Agreed. The last thing I want is to give the fed more power. Overreach is already all to common. But, I am a proponent of choice and with choice come accountability and consequence.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by qWuARk556 View Post
      Your GPS can be programmed to remain on even if your phone is off. Also, manufacturers could be asked to install a small battery in the case when people remove their battery to shut the GPS off.

Agreed. The last thing I want is to give the fed more power. Overreach is already all to common. But, I am a proponent of choice and with choice come accountability and consequence.

Your statements are not congruent.

I realize those capabilities exist. Hypothetically if I commit a crime and publish on social media my devices are going in a lake somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
        I hate the government more than the average bear and that's after working for it for some years, believe me I don't want more of it. With that said I don't think Facebook should be allowed to make billions of dollars off a platform and not be held liable for its content if illegal and not taking proper precautions.
        The answer exists but doubt by anyone on TBH.......definitely not me. I am definitely not giving up ANY more LIBERTY for perceived safety......seen that BS before with the Patriot Act! With this event being HOT at the moment I understand and agree with your concern. But remember, this is when the gubment decides to strike........when emotions are raw. Just a thought as my prayers for healing go out to a family and a nation that had to deal with such a idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

I realize those capabilities exist. Hypothetically if I commit a crime and publish on social media my devices are going in a lake somewhere.
          That's why they should just chip ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
            The answer exists but doubt by anyone on TBH.......definitely not me. I am definitely not giving up ANY more LIBERTY for perceived safety......seen that BS before with the Patriot Act! With this event being HOT at the moment I understand and agree with your concern. But remember, this is when the gubment decides to strike........when emotions are raw. Just a thought as my prayers for healing go out to a family and a nation that had to deal with such a idiot.

I don't have FB & am stronhly against it but I don't want the government stepping in. I want the owner of it to do the right thing.

He won't.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post

I don't have FB & am stronhly against it but I don't want the government stepping in. I want the owner of it to do the right thing.

He won't.
              FOX just discussed just that! They did confirm that Mark Zuckerberg had hired hundreds of people over the last few years just to monitor content/activity. "Obviously they could have taken content down faster but by it getting by the monitors it assisted LEO as so many people responded with leads and info!"
              "Double edged sword", per the FOX host.........tough deal all around honestly!

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post

He won't.
                I've changed my position after thinking about it. I think by doing nothing Facebook IS doing the right thing. Millions of videos are broadcast daily and a handful of illegal situations, well violent illegal situations have been published.

Regulation won't stop folks from killing and raping, but it may prevent the crucial evidence of being recorded on servers that can be subpoenaed.

It's similar to calling for stricter gun laws when high profile shootings occur

Comment

They are quite congruent. Read again please.

Comment

I've changed my position after thinking about it. I think by doing nothing Facebook IS doing the right thing. Millions of videos are broadcast daily and a handful of illegal situations, well violent illegal situations have been published.

Regulation won't stop folks from killing and raping, but it may prevent the crucial evidence of being recorded on servers that can be subpoenaed.

Comment

They are quite congruent. Read again please.

Ok I read it again and they still are not congruent.

suggesting private business be asked to install special batteries so that the gift can keep tabs of its citizens while in the same breath stating you are for less fed encroachment isn't just incongruent, it's contradictory

Comment

My position is that there is no need for new laws. These laws already exist, why is FB not held to the same standard as everyone else?

Comment

My solution. Apps like FB Live should include a cost. This cost is simple. If a user utilizes these apps their location data is recorded continuously during and for 72 hours following their broadcast. This will remove some of the annonymity and aid LE in locating the criminal minority.

Asking for more tracking and recording just sounds ludicrous to me. It will not stop people from doing it. They would just dump the phone and be gone. Only people that would affect is the good honest folks and why do we need more tracking devises connected to us?

That's like Obama and the libs thinking that gun control will stop shootings...... if they want to do it they will always find a way around.....

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                            My position is that there is no need for new laws. These laws already exist, why is FB not held to the same standard as everyone else?
                            Because the FCC has nothing to do with the internet, and they shouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcat91 View Post
                              Asking for more tracking and recording just sounds ludicrous to me. It will not stop people from doing it. They would just dump the phone and be gone. Only people that would affect is the good honest folks and why do we need more tracking devises connected to us?

That's like Obama and the libs thinking that gun control will stop shootings...... if they want to do it they will always find a way around.....
                              Really... likening guns to phones... sounds like a liberal in disguise. I agree, most people arent engaging in this activity. But, most dont read the user agreement either. I have no problem with tracking and sharing the info with LE. Also, we all remember Pokemon Go. Tracking was essential and the parent company was a CIA front. No one even cared.

Comment

As far as social media goes, I think those horses have already bolted from the stable and there is really no point in shutting the door now. If you take FB live down, I'm sure something else will be right there to take it's spot, if it isn't already. More moderators to police the site? Sure, it will get it taken down quicker, but wont keep it from happening. FB didn't kill this innocent man, nor did the gun he used, nor did the car he was driving or the girl that dumped him. It was another crazy person with zero conscience.

Comment

Working...
                                X