Exotic hunt at Hensel Whitetail Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exotic hunt at Hensel Whitetail Ranch

After my dad and I had an awesome hunt with Bobby Grieger from G Ranch Outfitting last year, we decided to rebook for this year and include my eight year old daughter for her first animal. The weekend arrived and we headed to Gatesville TX where we would meet Bobby and follow him to the ranch. Once we arrived at HWR it was quickly apparent that this ranch was extremely nice. From the diverse group of animals throughout the ranch to the extremely nice lodge, everything was top notch.

That evening Bobby and my dad headed out to a stand where the aoudad had been hitting the past several evenings. A lone male finally appeared shortly before dark and my dad put a great shot on him. They came and got my daughter and I from another stand and we went to retrieve his trophy and take some pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_img_0188 (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	25167312

Name:	resize IMG_0194.JPG
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	25167313

The next morning we headed out to look for a Texas Dall for my daughter and a Blackbuck for myself. It didnt take long before we had found the first group of Blackbuck. Since Bobby knew the ranch was loaded with them we past on several in order to find a good male. In the mean time, we came across a Texas Dall ram that was perfect for what my daughter was wanting. After a 15 minute game of cat and pause, the ram made the mistake of standing still for a little to long. My daughter made a perfect shot and her first exotic was on the ground. To say she was excited when be an understatement.

Name:	rsz_1rsz_img_0290.jpg
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	25167314

After all the high fiving, picture taking, and skinning, the ram was in the cooler and we were back in search of a good Blackbuck. After driving for a little more we came across a group in a field that had not seen us approach. Bobby quickly pointed out a dark male and we decided he was the one we were looking for. My first shot was less than stellar but knocked him down so I quickly followed it up with a shot to anchor him and he was done. Again the celebrations began and we headed back to the lodge to put the last of our trophies in the cooler.

Name:	rsz_1img_0354.jpg
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	25167315

I cant say enough about the Hensel Whitetail Ranch and our guide, Bobby Grieger. Everyhting was awesome from the food to accomodations. We are already talking about booking our third trip back to hunt with Bobby and my daughter now has a long list of animals she wants on the wall.

Congrats all the way round! Nice animals

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Nice animals...congrats to all.

Comment

awesome

Comment

Heck of a weekend. Congrats to all of yall !!!

Comment

Congratulations to all! Great write up. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Looks like a great hunt!! Congrats!!

Comment

Congrats. Looks like a great place to get em

Comment

looks like a good way to start the new year!Congrats

Comment

awesome, congrats!

Comment

Congrats! Great write up and pic

Comment

Always a good time hunting with Bobby. Congrats on the fine animals.

Comment

Congrats to all 3 of you!

Comment

Working...
                              X