Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just another reason to shoot more deer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just another reason to shoot more deer...

I rediscovered "Deer-bacoa" this past weekend. It's been a while since I've made it.

Smoked a shoulder on the pit for about 5-6hrs and a very low 150-200deg. Then deboned it and put it in a crockpot overnight for another 10hrs. Added some avocado oil at the end for the "greasy texture" and it was AMAZING!!!

Been processing my own deer for the third year now and do my best not to waste any of it. This is just another added bonus.
    Attached Files

Anybody else hungry?

Comment

I bet that was dang good

Comment

Looks pretty good

Comment

I might have to try that! I hate even messing with deboning the shoulders, that looks like a good way to utilize it.

Comment

may have to give that a shot this weekend

Comment

Interesting use of deer meat. Might need to give that a try.

Comment

Did you put anything in the crockpot with it, or just deboned meat?

Comment

Originally posted by slicktree View Post
                  Did you put anything in the crockpot with it, or just deboned meat?
                  I spiced it up with salt, pepper and garlic and adde onion flakes. After I smoked it I put it all in a crock pot and and added some sliced onion, Fiesta spice fajita seasoning, some water and some oil for the initial cook.

After it was done I shredded the meat and added about a cup of avocado oil and thru it all back in the crockpot to serve. I ate some of the leftovers today for lunch with my pops and a buddy. It was just as good today as when I made it.

Many of the scraps I get during the deboning/processing I set aside for jerky or grind meat. I may just use them for deer-bacoa in the future. It was just too darn good.

Comment

Looks and Sounds Righteous! Mmmm Good Crackers :-)

Comment

In a tortilla with some pico-de-gallo, green salsa and cilantro...WOW!!!

Comment

I may try to shoot a doe this weekend and give that a shot looks good

Comment

Interesting

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Now I need to shoot another deer just to try this. Great idea

Comment

I can teach ya a thing or two. Lol.

I have been smoking deer on the pit and making tacos for 30 years. No crockpot needed. You cant just leave it on the pit to dry out though. Close to brisket quality....just less fat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X