Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now I'm going to be broke. (Wifes first deer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I'm going to be broke. (Wifes first deer)

As most men, you want to enjoy the trill of hunting with your loved ones. After 12yrs together the wife decided she wanted to kill her first deer. I typically work every Saturday and Sunday, but managed to have this weekend off after some customer's changed plans last minute.

So we rushed home and loaded up to head to her grandfathers place in Brownwood Friday evening after work. Arriving around midnight we went over a few things and planned the hunt. We discussed taking a doe but I got the ok to take a legal buck if he came in from her Dad and Papa.

We got into the stand around 6:00 and she was exicited. She was surprisingly quite as well, which is rare. She was shooting her great grand fathers .222. At first light I could see a legal 8 point around 200 yards out just waiting for the feeder. At 7am the feeder went off and he started coming in but stopped 30 yards from the feeder behind some brush and wouldn't come in. Another 6pt buck came after 5 minutes but wasnt legal. After watching the 8pt head into the tree line, I was debating if we would see another shooter. This place has had some pressure with clearing and fence line work during the entire season and its really shown this year. Deer have been very nervous and don't sit long feeding. I was glassing the tree line when the other bucks both rushed away from the feeder and looked to the right down an open ATV trail. Sure enough a mature main frame 8 with slit browtines walked out and pushed the other deer away. She was ready to go and before I told her to get her rifle, it was going out the window. She was very patient as we watched the buck for a minute and waited for him to clear the other deer. We were discussing the shot quietly when all of a sudden we heard a shot close by from the neighboring place. The buck jumped forward and stopped on alert broadside. I told her to take the shot and she didn't hesitate. She let lead fly and hit him alittle high in the spine. Buck dropped and came back up on his front legs and she followed up quickly with a great lung shot and he was done.

We celebrated with a hug and high fives, and she wasnt quiet anymore!! She was so exicited and I was extremly proud of her. This was one of the best and most exciting hunts I've been on. I look forward to hunting with her more often and having her share these experiences with our sons who are 2 and 5.
    Attached Files

Congrats to her and also you getting her into hunting!

Comment

Great deer congrats

Comment

Good shooting, so it doesn't take a 300 mag to kill a deer, eh?

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Nice! Congrats

Comment

Congrats to your wife

Comment

Awesome. So i guess that .222 is pretty much hers now?

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congratulations to you both!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

That’s pretty cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice buck! Congrats to you and your wife!

Sent from my LM-X410.FG using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X