New Gillette ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right there with you

Another example of how easily someone gets offended. Nobody is trying to take anyone's man card.

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
    Can someone explain why this ad offends you?

I don't use their products and don't think it's a great ad campaign, but why all the hostility? I'm guessing because they got on their soapbox? It doesn't threaten my masculinity, but I guess I'd rather them stick to selling razors.

Comment

Add to TBH ban list?

I’m looking forward to buying a Nike version razor manufactured by Gillette at Dicks Sportingoods.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
        yeaaa... no..

i choose to raise my son like this..

Rules For My Son
        Written by AAron
        A few favorites from the book Rules for My Unborn Son.

1. Never shake a man’s hand sitting down.

2. There are plenty of ways to enter a pool. The stairs ain’t one.

3. The man at the grill is the closest thing we have to a king.

4. In a negotiation, never make the first offer.

5. Act like you’ve been there before. Especially in the end zone.

6. Request the late check-out.

7. When entrusted with a secret, keep it.

8. Hold your heroes to a higher standard.

9. Return a borrowed car with a full tank of gas.

10. Don’t fill up on bread.

11. When shaking hands, grip firmly and look him in the eye.

12. Don’t let a wishbone grow where a backbone should be.

13. If you need music on the beach, you’re missing the point.

14. Carry two handkerchiefs. The one in your back pocket is for you. The one in your breast pocket is for her.

15. You marry the girl, you marry her whole family.

16. Be like a duck. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like crazy underneath.

17. Experience the serenity of traveling alone.

18. Never be afraid to ask out the best looking girl in the room.

19. Never turn down a breath mint.

20. In a game of HORSE, sometimes a simple free throw will get ’em.

21. A sport coat is worth 1000 words.

22. Try writing your own eulogy. Never stop revising.

23. Thank a veteran. And then make it up to him.

24. If you want to know what makes you unique, sit for a caricature.

25. Eat lunch with the new kid.

26. After writing an angry email, read it carefully. Then delete it.

27. Ask your mom to play. She won’t let you win.

28. See it on the big screen.

29. Give credit. Take the blame.

30. Write down your dreams.

**i did not write this. its copied and pasted

This^ Everything but #28. I hate the theaters now. Way too many hood rats running around.

Comment

I dont guess it can be explained to those who dont see the problem with it but Walsh does a pretty good job trying to with this article if you care to take 5 min to read it.

Comment

Last edited by Death from Above; 01-16-2019, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
              Ding, ding, ding!!! Saw it on tv 3 times on morning shows. Then all day on talk radio it was brought up. What am I missing? Seems like they have decided to work the "me too" movement into their advertising campaign......maybe? If they are or if they are not .....so what? Gillette has struggled since all the Dollar Shave Club type places have gone online. But really, honestly, is this a attack on masculinity? Or, a goofy advertising campaign with subjective messaging? Or worse, crappy advertising at best? I tend to go with the last one....lol![emoji1] I know it ain't attacking nothing I was taught.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
              I'm with you here. It didn't attack anything I was taught.

I think where people are having a problem, is that they hear "toxic masculinity" and associate it with men / masculinity in general. It's thought creep, or almost guilt by association. You and I, as well as most men here know that true masculinity can never be toxic, because true masculinity, by it's very nature, does what is right, stands up for those who aren't able to do so for themselves and gives respect to earn respect. What the ad and the whole "me too" movement is attacking is people who are D BAGS and scum of the earth. They just didn't do a great job of communicating that.

Comment

I'm more offended by $25 disposable razors than some gay commercial trying to reinvent how a man should act.

Boys will be boys!!

Comment

I'll just keep shaving with my Case Trapper and splashing on a little Jack Daniels when I'm done.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowkill View Post
                    Lol, I think you missed the sarcasm
                    Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWes View Post
                      I'm with you here. It didn't attack anything I was taught.

I think where people are having a problem, is that they hear "toxic masculinity" and associate it with men / masculinity in general. It's thought creep, or almost guilt by association. You and I, as well as most men here know that true masculinity can never be toxic, because true masculinity, by it's very nature, does what is right, stands up for those who aren't able to do so for themselves and gives respect to earn respect. What the ad and the whole "me too" movement is attacking is people who are D BAGS and scum of the earth. They just didn't do a great job of communicating that.
                      Not really. The toxic movement absolutly does not target scum of the earth. It is targeting all men, who, are guilty until proven innocent. The whole point is to demonize men until we somehow become less man and more feminine. Colleges and universities are now having mandatory classes for young men that tells them just how toxic and racist they are and how they need to shed it. This movement is more about evil feminism than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
                        Jesus H. Christ, he wasnt getting beat up because he was a ginger. Reading way too much into the ad.

Nowhere in the ad did "ginger/red head" even get brought up.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                        How do you know? Where in the ad did it specifically say why he was being beat up? What other reason could it possibly be?

Speaking of looking way too much into something.......You're the type of guy I couldn't have a conversation with in person because you have absolutely no sense of humor or sarcasm. I'd say something to offend you too easily. People like me hurt the feelings of people like you every day. And it's funny.

By the way. What was Jesus's middle name?
                        Last edited by okrattler; 01-16-2019, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Aren’t ads supposed to promote a product? I didn’t see anything there to make me want to use a Gillette razor.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                            Aren’t ads supposed to promote a product? I didn’t see anything there to make me want to use a Gillette razor.
                            This in spades. When I buy a company's stock, I want that company to do things to sell their product or service and make more money, so that the value of my stock goes up. I'm not buying it so some Ivy League CEO can spout his virtue-signaling, warped philosophy on the masses and offend at least half of his customers. This is an unfortunate trend, and it will make us less competitive in the world market while killing stock prices, as companies go all in on political correctness.

Comment

Exactly. I dont understand the need for companies to take a political stance or condone/condemn any social issues. Make a product, make me want/need it so I will buy it.

Why on earth would you risk alienating a portion of your customers? WHY?

As far as this particular commercial, I cant help but wonder who they think they are to tell me how I should or should not be? You gotta have an awfully inflated sense of self worth to think I give one runny %(&@ what a razor company thinks.

Comment

same here.
                                just more propaganda to herald in the upcoming generation of wusses.

Comment

Working...
                                X