No announcement yet.

Red dot....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left rifle. 1964 marlin marauder in 35 rem.
    This sight was like $150 fifteen years ago. It is a TruGlo 1x with 4moa. Red dots have gotten much better and smaller since this one was bought and installed.
    Sig Romeo 5 is a nice small red dot. I have it on my Ruger PC carbine. It gives good co witness for the iron sights.
    2marlins by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by lglidewell View Post
      35, I do not have those specs. I bought the unit 2nd hand.
      Should always ask for specs before buying a tube. No worries. Add some external IR and the bloom will dissipate. Sniper hog lights is a forum sponsor and has made 3 or 4 IR lights for me. He’s gtg.

Comment

Originally posted by lglidewell View Post
        35, I do not have those specs. I bought the unit 2nd hand.
        Thinking of you tonight, I took a look in the safe and realized I have a strike fire. I went outside with it and also the new primary arms red dot. The primary arms has two night vision settings that are way better than anything the vortex offers. Plus the primary arms red dot is 3 MOA. You might give that a look.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
          Thinking of you tonight, I took a look in the safe and realized I have a strike fire. I went outside with it and also the new primary arms red dot. The primary arms has two night vision settings that are way better than anything the vortex offers. Plus the primary arms red dot is 3 MOA. You might give that a look.

[emoji1360][emoji1360]

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

I ran a Vortex Sparc on mine for a while before selling it. Worked great for pigs in the East TX bottoms. Regret selling it.

Comment

Holosun, Aimpoint, Sig,

Relex maybe Truglo, Deltapoint, Trijicon, Burris FF3

If you are dead set on 2 MOA, I understand. If a 3moa would work, I wouldn’t spend a dollar more than the truglo on a weaver s466 steel mount on the front screws with irons as a backup. Truth be told, a fire sight front ain’t bad. Its hard for me to believe the 4moa dot covers the whole hog at 60 yards, that means the pig would be about 2”x2” at 60 yards, very small pig.

Last edited by Johnny44; 01-09-2019, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info jonnyy44

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

I use a Vortex Sparc on my ar pistol it's great sight for the money. Don't know if you're into the AR platform but you can catch sales on palmetto State armory and pay 200 for this sight with 10 pmags.

Comment

Check out the Leupold DPP, slightly larger than a trijicon RMR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Went with dog sauer Romeo 5. Thanks green screen for info. Got it today in the mail and mounted this evening. Love it so far.

Comment

Working...
                      X