No announcement yet.

Got Charged By A Buck Tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had a buck stomp up to me on a running quad. I carry my pistol while hunting just like a normal day. The buck retreated but my rifle was slung and unloaded. Horny bucks are like thugs, keep your side arm loadeded, in reach and never let your guard down. Also guard your wallet.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
      I bet that got the blood flowing. Bucks get flat unpredictable in the rut.
      As do young men.

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
        I would not even have thought for one second about shooting this buck......I would have reacted with cat-like reflexes by side stepping the beast, grabbing his left main beam whilst simultaneously tripping and flipping him onto his back, wrapping my left leg around his front legs in some form of jujutsu leg lock maneuver before giving him a nuggie on his head while whispering, “simmer down now boy....simmer down”.....that’s what I would have done.

[emoji6]

Andddddd I lost it. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would not even have thought for one second about shooting this buck......I would have reacted with cat-like reflexes by side stepping the beast, grabbing his left main beam whilst simultaneously tripping and flipping him onto his back, wrapping my left leg around his front legs in some form of jujutsu leg lock maneuver before giving him a nuggie on his head while whispering, “simmer down now boy....simmer down”.....that’s what I would have done.

[emoji6]
          Did you know how to do all of that last week, or is that something you've picked up from all of the survival posts this week?

Comment

[emoji6]
            So you would have put the buck in a armbar huh? Make him tap out.

Comment

Glad it worked out and you didn’t get hurt. That’s why I always have a pistol on me. Faster to get on target and get shots down range.

Comment

[emoji6]
                So funny.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                  So you would have put the buck in a armbar huh? Make him tap out.

Too violent. Don’t want to totally turn the deer against mankind. Nuggies and whispering should suffice.

Comment

[emoji6]
                    Lmao, cat like reflexes...

Comment

20 years ago I was slipping along a creek bottom in the rain. I had on a dark camp raincoat. I spotted a smallish eight point buck raking some bushes maybe 40 yards away. I had eased out to get a better look when he spotted me. Here he cam, head cocked, ears back, hair standing on end. At 20 yards I yelled, at 15 I aimed my rifle at him....at 10 I had just about decided to shoot when he veered off......right into the bottom I was headed into. Talk about tensed up.....but I made it thru without further meetings.

On the other hand I had a very old semi tame buck take a corn bucket away from me tonight. Bruised my hand pretty good while he was at it. Then snort wheezed at me as I backpedaled around the water trough. Jerk.

Comment

Side note: Here is a picture of the same buck. Under his chest/stomach you can see what might be a hernia and an open wound. Not really sure what happened but possibly gored by an antler or branch while fighting. Unfortunately the picture lost some detail when I resized.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Longue Carabine; 11-30-2018, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X