Toilet Seat - Up or Down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over the last few months I have noticed several buddies and men in my family come over and leave the toilet seat up. I also notice that they always leave the toilet seat up at their homes too (all of them are married too). Now, I don’t care if they leave it up when they come over, I’m just more curious...

How many of you were raised to put the seat down and how many of you believe that it’s the next person’s responsibility to adjust the seat as needed?

I was raised that it’s the person using it responsibility to accommodate for their needs.

Comment

Down.
      Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.

Comment

The seat and lid are always down until used, then shut again before flushing. The water swirling brings some contents into the air to land on surfaces within 6 feet.

Comment

Down to keep the dogs out of it

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
            Down.
            Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.
            What
            Last edited by eastxhunter; 07-22-2018, 07:11 AM. Reason: Issa toilet

Comment

Down. If you have ever been shocked out of a deep sleep from your wife screaming at you because her butt hit the water, you might understand.

I am kidding, I do put it down but because we don't like to let the dogs and cats get into the water since we use those tank tablets.

Comment

Strike another thing off the list of things I thought I’d never see discussed on TBH[emoji15][emoji15]

Men asking what other men should do with a toilet seat[emoji15]

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                  What
                  You can't read?
                  Don't recognize the Bible?

Comment

Down.

Not cause my wife is a weaker vessel. It's cause she has zero tolerance policy and don't mind slapping you upside your head.

Comment

I used to leave it up. But now with 2 daughters and one who just turned 4 who doesn't look if it's up or down before she sits in the toilet, I try to leave it down for her just in case.

Comment

Leaving a toilet seat down in hopes the next user may be a squatter is a interesting idea. Does it take too much self awareness for he/she to prepare the toilet seat before he/she uses it? Or is it considered chivalrous to lower a toilet seat for a lady or confused gentleman?

Comment

Hell some here probably sit down

Comment

Originally posted by El Forajido View Post
                            Hell some here probably sit down
                            Wait until you’re 70, then you’ll understand!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              Down.

Not cause my wife is a weaker vessel. It's cause she has zero tolerance policy and don't mind slapping you upside your head.
                              Lol! Same here Down at home. At work we have two restrooms right next to each other, nothing but men use them. I don’t put the lid down there. A single guy kept complaining and saying how stupid it was that someone keeps leaving the lid down. He doesn’t wanna have to pick it up to pee. I told him no wonder you are divorced

Comment

Working...
                              X