No announcement yet.

Competition BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cowboy fellowship church in wilson county is having a b.b.q competition sometimes this month , give them a call i kow they are still looking for entries

Comment

We worked on my pit this weekend and threw a brisket on while we worked. We were so busy working on the pit that we barely had time to watch the meat. Basically all we did was kept checking temp and added wood when needed and it turned out better than our competition briskets. Lol
      So we figured out that’s our problem- we babysit it too much at the cookoffs. Best thing to do is just let it go. You know the old saying- if you’re lookin, you ain’t cookin!

Comment

Originally posted by ccupit View Post
        You’ll have to stop by one day it’s open Tuesday- Sunday’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Where?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to you.

Comment

Cooked at a bunch back in the day and won some big cook-offs back in the day. Parents and friends still do it and one of our good friends is cooking every weekend. Think he got 2nd last year on the total points.

Was on a team that won SA Rodeo a couple years back (I was more of a beer drinker and sampler giver) but it was fun.

Comment

Are you related to Howard Muniz?

Comment

I cook at 3-4 a year. I'd like to do more but it's hard for me to get a commitment from my buddies as most are busy on the weekends with families or my own personal schedule doesn't line up.

I haven't placed in the top 5 yet but have a few in the top 10(mostly ribs) but i enjoy going out and cooking. Plus you can't beat smoking some meat and having a few drinks

If anyone in the Victoria area needs an extra man or wants to cook at an event let me know. I'll even cover the entry fee

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                  Are you related to Howard Muniz?

I’m not but he looks familiar and is mutual friends with the whole cook off team on Facebook so I’m sure I’ve met him before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't compete, but I'm inside the judging tent at SA. I have a few words of advice for those competing (especially in U-Pick-It): make sure it will look and taste good cold. By the time it makes it to the final round, people are eating cold meat. There are some things that come through that make you want to go shake the team captain and ask "What the heck were you thinking?"

Comment

I have done well in a few and never cover mine with that much sauce. Might poke around and find out if that hurt you in that competition. Pics and Q look awesome though.

Comment

I cook on a few different teams and really enjoy it, but don't do it as much as I'd like until I get my own pit finished. Our struggle right now is finding smaller cookoffs that we can do for a little cheaper. I can't find any kind of central listing or website

Comment

Originally posted by firemedic2105 View Post
                          I cook on a few different teams and really enjoy it, but don't do it as much as I'd like until I get my own pit finished. Our struggle right now is finding smaller cookoffs that we can do for a little cheaper. I can't find any kind of central listing or website
                          Have you looked at IBCA?

Comment

Originally posted by firemedic2105 View Post

you can find a list of all lonestar BBQ sanctioned cookoffs on this website

Comment

Anyone gonna be at the Germanfest Cookoff at the end of the month. Me and a buddy are entering it. Can always use another hand if any locals are interested.

Comment

I love to cook and would love to enter some. post some pics of yalls pits please!

Comment

Working...
                                X