X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
    16" .308 for a suppressed truck gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought about buying this new BAR one for a truck/woods gun. It only comes in 308 and an 18" barrel. You get 5 and 10 round mags for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
      Eh. It don't have alotta *** behind it for shoulder shots in big hogs. ( I mean bigguns) That bolt gun I had done for my daughter is fun to shoot though.

150 pounders in the shoulder, no sweat. Big hogs I shoot in the head. Even the 5.56 will kill them if you hit them in the noggin. But I shoot way more from 150 down than 150 up.

Comment

Ruger Hawkeye compact

Comment

The RFB is a powerhouse bullpup rifle, featuring forward ejection, dual bolt release, and heavy duty construction. Chambered in 7.62 NATO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Truck Rifle questions

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            150 pounders in the shoulder, no sweat. Big hogs I shoot in the head. Even the 5.56 will kill them if you hit them in the noggin. But I shoot way more from 150 down than 150 up.

Like I said. I'm talkin about big ones not big choates. Noggin anything works.

Comment

Eh. It don't have alotta *** behind it for shoulder shots in big hogs. ( I mean bigguns) That bolt gun I had done for my daughter is fun to shoot though.

PSSSHHHH, but you know a 6.5x55 hits just like or just harder than a .308 inertia us a B****! Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigyummy77 View Post
                PSSSHHHH, but you know a 6.5x55 hits just like or just harder than a .308 inertia us a B****! Lol!

Huh? Inertia us a what???

Comment

Huh? Inertia us a what???

Is a... breeding female dog. Lmao!

Comment

8.5" barrel 300 blackout?

Comment

I'm looking to build a short action bolt gun. Something sleak that won't get hung up on everything. I plan on using it to cull deer and pigs out of the truck. Something I can accurately head shoot deer out two hundred yards that I can shoot at awkward angles and it won't kill me in the process. I'm using a 270 now but want to build it on the short action. I just didn't know it shooting those calibers with a short barrel would have any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                        What about a marlin guide gun. 45-70 or 30-30.
                        I have a Marlin 30-30 and would love to have the takedown 45-70 guide gun.

Comment

I thought about buying this new BAR one for a truck/woods gun. It only comes in 308 and an 18" barrel. You get 5 and 10 round mags for it.

Ok, now I want one of these. Dang it my list keeps growing!

Comment

Truck Rifle questions

I have to ask a question that I don't think anyone else has asked. Do you plan to take a shot with your truck rifle over 200 yrds? In my normal life I pretty much figure if I need that gun it's probably going to be for fairly close quarters. I think less than 100 yrds probably a lot less.

So if that's the case I don't think I'd be so concerned about the super stable, flat rounds that you would use for long range target shooting. Instead I'd look at something highly maneuverable, easy to get on target and pretty accurate. In this case you can find much cheaper rifles and ammo.

That's just my thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
                              I have to ask a question that I don't think anyone else has asked. Do you plan to take a shot with your truck rifle over 200 yrds? In my normal life I pretty much figure if I need that gun it's probably going to be for fairly close quarters. I think less than 100 yrds probably a lot less.

So if that's the case I don't think I'd be so concerned about the super stable, flat rounds that you would use for long range target shooting. Instead I'd look at something highly maneuverable, easy to get on target and pretty accurate. In this case you can find much cheaper rifles and ammo.

That's just my thoughts.

Some ranches are all under 100 yards and some you can shoot as far as you want. I try to keep everything under 300 because usually we are rolling through and you don't have extra time to track. Put them on the ground and move on. Honestly the 308 would be a more cost effective round but I really like the 260 and 7mm08. i built my daughter a 7mm08 and used it a bunch when we guided women ,children and first timers. It didn't have a lot of recoil. Sort of a best of both worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by DonBon View Post
                                Some ranches are all under 100 yards and some you can shoot as far as you want. I try to keep everything under 300 because usually we are rolling through and you don't have extra time to track. Put them on the ground and move on. Honestly the 308 would be a more cost effective round but I really like the 260 and 7mm08. i built my daughter a 7mm08 and used it a bunch when we guided women ,children and first timers. It didn't have a lot of recoil. Sort of a best of both worlds.

[emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                                X