Who Does NOT run Trail Cameras?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Does NOT run Trail Cameras?

I did for years. But stopped a few years ago. We are not high fenced and a smaller lease.

Unless my kids want to start it I will never go back to cameras.

Is there anyone else out there???

They’re such a pain my arse I don’t know why I haven’t given em up

Comment

I get both sides. It's always cool to see what shows up when you are not there. Get patterns down, etc. On the reverse when you have a months worth of pictures of little bucks, only at night, coons, etc, it can make the excitement of going hunting a little less. Yes, you never know what might show up, but still.. That being said, I do have cameras out usually.

Comment

I’m running all cellular cameras now. I ran standard trail cams for about 10 years. Not sure I could go back to non cellular.

There’s a part of me that dislikes a lot of the “mystery” being taken away in running cameras. We very seldom see a really good NEW buck during hunting season. It’s pretty much all Deer we saw at some point over the summer. The other side of cameras is there has been some really cool deer that I would’ve never known were in the area w/o the cameras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I think the cameras run me most of the time. Ridiculous.

Comment

Me

Comment

None here.

Comment

For awhile I was really into cameras. I would have at least a couple of them going all the time. Last couple of year's I didn't run cameras at all. I was more excited it seemed to get out there because I didn't know what was there.

Having said that though we always seemed to see a few bucks in person every year while running cameras that nobody had on camera at all. They tend to just show up sometimes after the rut.

This year I decided to run a camera again.
                Set it up during the last of turkey season. Went to pull my card a couple weeks ago and my camera was dead for some reason. So I'm back to thinking maybe I'll just skip this year again.

Comment

Here!!! After having so much trouble with hogs tearing things up, I decided it just wasn’t worth it on one ranch. I knew what would mostly get pics of. And there’s at least one mountain lion that comes around.

Comment

I don't run them, they run me. LMAO. They are a lot of work. We see a lot of deer on camera that are rarely and sometimes never seen. Our area is 80% thick timber land.

Comment

I'm somewhere in between. I used to run 5-6 cameras when I bought my place. Now I might run one in September or October. I like not knowing what will show up.

Comment

I've tried and I've come to the conclusion I'm a camera idiot and can never figure the dang things out. I also kinda like the element of surprise

Comment

I just got tired of the hog, hog, hog, ohhh hog... Then there was no excitement when a buck walked out. Yep thats the crab 8 etc.

Comment

I like them just to have something to get riled up about as hunting season nears. But I do see where it can take some excitement away during season. When all the deer on your lease have names....its gone to far for me.

Comment

Only during deer season.

Comment

Working...
                              X