No announcement yet.

Learn me about Nitro boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had my nitro for 6 yrs and it is in excellent shape and has cashed a lot of checks for me. I take care of it and i never had any problems, but from the posts here I better get ready cause it’s about to fall apart?

I would buy one again in a heart beat!!! I could win the lotto tomorrow and I am still not paying $60k for a boat and then watch a flat bottom pull up beside me....lol.

Comment

I liked mine. Ran good, smooth dry ride and stable t fish out of.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 2013 Z6 and it's an awesome little boat. I do agree the trailer is crap but the boat and motor have never had a problem.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

I fished out of a Nitro years ago and it wasn't put together very well, lots of issues with the boat. Now, i think the quality is a lot better, heck KVD fishes out of one! i currently run a Skeeter FX 21LE and i'm happy with it. would i ever buy a Nitro, answer is NO! Some people swear by them, all brands have their advantages/disadvantages, and most comes down to price, looks and fish-ability.

Comment

Here you go.... a really nice boat in your price range.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
              A guy just posted selling a 2014 Skeeter
              And it is a BAD boat. That thing has everything you could ask for. If I had the money Id be buying it right now. SWEET RIG

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
                I’d be looking st Phoenix. Great prices on awesome boats. Or I’d go used and find a champion 206 or 210. Incredible boats.

Phoenix has adjusted their prices to fit the market now. They were a lot of boat for the money, now they are priced like everything else. Buddy of mine priced a 721 the other day and it was $73k

The new Nitros are a much better boat than they used to be. I would consider using my certificate to get a new z21 but I like going fast and a Nitro isn't going to do that.
                Last edited by adam_p; 06-29-2018, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Das71198 View Post

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=696808
                  Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                  And it is a BAD boat. That thing has everything you could ask for. If I had the money Id be buying it right now. SWEET RIG
                  That thing will scoot. Add and Ultrex to that thing and you cover nearly anything you'd ever want. I prefer Humminbird, but that's me.

Comment

That’s the kinda deal I’d be looking at.

Comment

Thats a dang good deal

Comment

Keep in mind that you can trick one of the "not new" boats out, like the Skeeter above, and do just about all you want to do plus some.

Comment

The deal above looks great for your price range. I'd look into that one for sure. I have been around them all for a pretty good while and in reality, they all have some issues, it's how the issues get handled that makes the difference to me in a new boat purchase, even with a newer used model that has some warranty left.

Nitro has developed a less than glamorous name but I have seen some good ones out there. I can also guarantee that when KVD's boat is being built, everyone in that factory knows, and knows the importance of that build, all hands on deck and it's perfect. Not all boats will get that level of attention in the factory, sad but true. On the other hand, in the past, at Ranger, it didn't matter who the boat was being built for, the level of attention was the same on each boat constructed, at least that is what I saw when I was there. Very good craftsmen/women in the Arkansas hills. I'm sure this is changing with the Vexus deal and BPS buyout.

Again, it all varies and there will be issues with them all. I have a buddy with a newer Skeeter LE edition and it's a great boat, now, half of his lights/fans/pumps don't work due to electrical issues but he is working on that with the dealer. Lots of cool features but they don't function, lol. He has a new Ultrex and it spends more time in the shop than it fishes. He had to buy a spare Fortrexx to keep on hand it breaks so often. Again, he gets a new boat every 3 years or so and just got a bad apple on this one, it happens.

Find one you like, do some research and pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                            Keep in mind that you can trick one of the "not new" boats out, like the Skeeter above, and do just about all you want to do plus some.
                            Exactly what I was about to say.

Before I bought a boat, I already had my mind made up that I wanted an old/older model Champion. I was fortunate enough to buy one for $5,700 about five years ago (1988 - 18.5' - 1998 Johnson 175). I put a Minn Kota Ultrex on it last year and boom, I have the old school ride with the modern technology of the Ultrex. Between what I paid for it, shop fees, & the new trolling motor, I'm around $10,00 - $12,000 total. Of course, I'll eventually have to replace the motor, but I'll still be at half of what a new boat would cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              The deal above looks great for your price range. I'd look into that one for sure. I have been around them all for a pretty good while and in reality, they all have some issues, it's how the issues get handled that makes the difference to me in a new boat purchase, even with a newer used model that has some warranty left.

Nitro has developed a less than glamorous name but I have seen some good ones out there. I can also guarantee that when KVD's boat is being built, everyone in that factory knows, and knows the importance of that build, all hands on deck and it's perfect. Not all boats will get that level of attention in the factory, sad but true. On the other hand, in the past, at Ranger, it didn't matter who the boat was being built for, the level of attention was the same on each boat constructed, at least that is what I saw when I was there. Very good craftsmen/women in the Arkansas hills. I'm sure this is changing with the Vexus deal and BPS buyout.

Again, it all varies and there will be issues with them all. I have a buddy with a newer Skeeter LE edition and it's a great boat, now, half of his lights/fans/pumps don't work due to electrical issues but he is working on that with the dealer. Lots of cool features but they don't function, lol. He has a new Ultrex and it spends more time in the shop than it fishes. He had to buy a spare Fortrexx to keep on hand it breaks so often. Again, he gets a new boat every 3 years or so and just got a bad apple on this one, it happens.

Find one you like, do some research and pull the trigger.
                              My Ultrex has never been in the shop at all, and my Terrova never was either.

Comment

Lol..... KVD runs a nitro cause bass pro threw it at him. Theres no loyalty there if you took the money away. He's always been a motorguide guy, minn kota takes over the market with the ultrex and guess who has an ultrex on his bow now?

Comment

Working...
                                X