Baseball Cameron Texas tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baseball Cameron Texas tonight

If you don't have anything to do tonight, drive over to Cameron. Madisonville plays Waco Robinson in the regionals, a one game playoff.
    I would imagine that Waco Robinson will pitch Ashcraft, he is a possible first round draft pick and one of the top 20 players in the country coming out of high school. I would also imagine Madisonville will pitch Rudus who is I think like number 38 in the country coming out of high school. Pretty salty ball players for 4A regional.

Wish I was a little closer. Love a good pitching match up.

Comment

I am close enough. And I love pitching. And my son is the lead throwing trainer at DrivelineBaseball.com. What time do they throw the first pitch?

Comment

Ashcraft can swing it just as good as he can throw it. Robinson hits the ball well up and down the line up. Those kids have been to Austin the last two years so they carry a lot of big game experience.

Comment

Will be a heck of a game for sure.

Comment

I hate one game series. Should be a good game though.

Comment

I think it starts at 7, but that's second hand info.

Comment

I hate these 1 game playoffs in high school. They should change to 3. Let the kids get more playoff excitement

Comment

^^^
                  Coaches have the option of one game or two out of three. If the two opposing coaches cant agree on one or two out of three they have a coin flip. Winner of the flip gets their choice. Majority will always play 2 of 3, but some smaller schools with just one stud pitcher may opt for the one game deal.

Must have been a heck of a game last night. Robinson won 2-0.

Comment

If the goal is for the best TEAM to advance, then coaches shouldn't be given the option of a one game. You have to win two at the state tournament and you should have to win two to advance to the state tournament.

UIL will insert itself on matters like broadcasting and ticket sales, but wants nothing to do with something that actually impacts the integrity of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by 96ags View Post
                      If the goal is for the best TEAM to advance, then coaches shouldn't be given the option of a one game. You have to win two at the state tournament and you should have to win two to advance to the state tournament.

UIL will insert itself on matters like broadcasting and ticket sales, but wants nothing to do with something that actually impacts the integrity of the game.
                      SOOOOO.....I guess MLB needs to revamp their wildcard play-in game as well, since it is just one game? High school State Championship game is just one game. A LOT of schools dont have the pitching to play three games in two or three days. Obviously if my team has the pitching depth I am gonna want to play best of 3. If I have one stud (like Madisonville did) I would try to get a one game deal.

Comment

You mean the relatively new play-in game? (since all the rest are series, not single games) Yes, it is dumb in my opinion too.

The state championship GAME is one game, but you have to win two games in the state tournament to win a championship.

If a TEAM doesn't have enough pitching (which is silly), then they aren't the best TEAM. Baseball is still a TEAM sport, right?

Comment

games

You mean the relatively new play-in game? (since all the rest are series, not single games) Yes, it is dumb in my opinion too.

The state championship GAME is one game, but you have to win two games in the state tournament to win a championship.

If a TEAM doesn't have enough pitching (which is silly), then they aren't the best TEAM. Baseball is still a TEAM sport, right?
                          Nope a play in game is different, that's in case of a tie. Just play one game and winner goes to the playoffs.
                          If you've ever coached baseball you'd understand why some teams would only do one game. Why would I wanna play you twice If I only have one good pitcher? Just as why would I wanna only play one game if I have 2-3 good pitchers? Each year you're depth at quality pitching usually will change. If I can ride that one horse all the way then that's what I will try to do.
                          On the other hand I'f I'm loaded with good pitching, then heck ya let's play best of 3. I've seen one pitcher teams play it right and win a 3 game series against a better armed team, but it doesn't happen often!
                          I do like the best of three overall, but also like the option of one game if that's all I have!

Comment

Oh, I completely understand why a coach who is looking out for his own best interest would be in favor of a one game. It is the same reason why there were a good number of coaches that were against the implementation of pitch count rules.

However, just like the pitch count rules, I believe the best 2 of 3 is better for the players, teams, and the game in general.

"Riding" one horse certainly isn't a practice that should be promoted and that is exactly what the one game situation does.

Comment

games

Oh, I completely understand why a coach who is looking out for his own best interest would be in favor of a one game. It is the same reason why there were a good number of coaches that were against the implementation of pitch count rules.

However, just like the pitch count rules, I believe the best 2 of 3 is better for the players, teams, and the game in general.

"Riding" one horse certainly isn't a practice that should be promoted and that is exactly what the one game situation does.
                              I for one love the pitch count rule. I'm glad they implemented the rule. Why shouldn't riding the one horse be promoted? As long as he's not over the limit of pitches, throw him. The coaches against the pitch count rule are the idiots that are ruining kids arms.

Comment

Working...
                              X