Coon trap anchors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coon trap anchors

Didn't want to clutter the 2017 coon carnage thread.

Our ground is so hard and rocky in Val Verde county, it's a major chore to get the Duke dog-proof trap spikes in the ground. So I made some anchors that I can leave out, and set them away from the feeder so any trapped coons don't prevent deer from coming to the feeder.

Had some cinder blocks, and several boxes of old welding rods. Add some ready mix concrete and bingo.

Kind of a holster for the trap to sit in, and another loop to attach quick links.

Nice! this looks easy enough and like you said keeps them away from the feeder!

Comment

Good idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is a great idea thanks for sharing

Comment

Some of our Boone and Crockett coons out in west Tx would haul those things all over the lease.

Jk...that's cool and obviously looks like they work. Congrats

Comment

I attach cable with big loop on end. Run cable around small trees and run the trap back through loop. Don't have k anchor to ground. Love how they work.

Comment

Very clever

Comment

I like it! they knocked mine over last week ate all the cat food... will be trying this out next weekend

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Very good idea

Comment

Comment

I like it

Comment

I like it! Great idea. I have mine attached to the feeder legs and won't even set them now that bow season is going on. This would change that.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                          I like it! Great idea. I have mine attached to the feeder legs and won't even set them now that bow season is going on. This would change that.
                          Caught 3 more last weekend with the anchors. Pretty sure the young 8pt I saw was talking trash to the coon as he walked by him to get to the corn under feeder.

Comment

would you mind sharing this on the Val Verde Thread?

I'm going to start using this! Thanks alto!

Comment

4 more this weekend

My coon herd is slowly disappearing, it's almost disappointing . . . . . almost.

Comment

Working...
                              X