Let's talk Corpus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's talk Corpus

I may have a chance to transfer to Corpus from Houston with my company. I have a wife that loves the beach and outdoors and 2 boys 10 and 4. The wife and I are native Houstonians and currently have it pretty good with our lives and jobs. Is Corpus a good place to live and raise a family?

Thanks
    Dwayne

if u like the beach and fishing and south texas deer hunting i would move to corpus if i lived in Houston!

Comment

Where in corpus would you be working/living? Are you willing to commute or want to live in the city?

Comment

I think I'd entertain living in Sinton before I lived in Corpus. May be a little bit of a commute but it's a smaller town and great football. Whole town shuts down for the games.

Comment

Don't mind a 30 or 40 minute commute. Don't mind a neighborhood but a little elbow room would be a plus.

Comment

Let's talk Corpus

It's not for everyone. I was born here lived in Houston, Austin, San Antone, an St. Louis always come back and don't plan on moving. Just like every city it has it's good and bad. There's lots of good people here.
            Last edited by gpena; 02-17-2014, 11:26 AM.

Comment

I'd love to myself, I live in Houston as many due to my job.

A smaller big city such as Corpus or SA would be great for me.

Good luck with your decision.

Comment

Sinton? wha? why? if you're going to live that far, get a house on Lake Corpus Christi, then you could enjoy the water when it's there.

I'd say yes Corpus is a good place to live if you get in the right school district, just like any decent sized city there are good/bad areas. If you are going to work downtown somewhere, or in one of the plants, a lot of people live in Portland.

I've lived in/around corpus for a good while. PM me if you're looking for more info. i don't know what part of town your work would be in or what kind of neighborhood you want to end up in.
                Last edited by skrobo; 02-17-2014, 11:31 AM.

Comment

If you want some elbow room and don't mind the drive I would look in either the Orange Grove direction or the Sinton direction like mentioned above. If you decide to stay in the city the south side is growing like crazy and housing prices are high right now. Right across the bridge is Portland if you want to stay a little closer but in Portland you pay for living in portland. You could probably buy an older home on 5-10 acres for a reasonable price once you get out away from the city a little. Rockport is also a nice area but you are looking closer to an hour commute from there.

Comment

I was raised in Corpus. It use to be a great city. So I thought until I moved to Katy. The town has changed and has become more "trashy" to me. I would recommend moving to Portland, Calallan, or Inglesdie. Maybe even Sinton or Odem if you want a small town feel. My wife and I have both said if we move back we will not live in Corpus city limit.

Comment

Portland is a great place. Has small town feel. Easy commute to Corpus

Comment

I like corpus

Comment

Why are you still here? shouldnt you be unloading a uhaul in Sinton or Odem..(or places in between)?

Comment

Appreciate the feed back. Knew I could count on the G-Screen! Guess the wife and I need to make a weekend trip and do a little lookin around.

Comment

If I could move away from Houston I would in a heartbeat! Houston gets more ghetto by the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X