No announcement yet.

Coon bait?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was trapping them in my back yard this is what I used. I went into my pantry and found some old Cherrios. Poured vanilla flavoring on them to have a good scent. Caught a coon every time I sent my trap.

Comment

Floating catfish food. Smells just like fish.

Comment

I use cheap dry cat food. $1 per pound.

Comment

I use marshmallows but I might start putting corn in them also

Comment

I am using a blend of dry cay food and corn. I am also putting a drop or two of fish oil on it once it's in the trap. Someone posted this on here last year when I started trapping and it's the only thing I have tried, it's working.

Comment

Some guys work to hard lol. I just grab whatever is in the feeder

Comment

Just use corn. Using other stuff will open the possibility of catching possums and skunks.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Regular ol corn got the first quadruple at my best deer stand last night. Caught my buddy on my Covert camera stacking em up. This time of year, the corn feeders are turned back and the deer clean it up quick. The coons come for corn and find tubes of corn utopia until the snap![emoji23]. 7 total this am on 11 traps

Man you guys have a endless supply. I have been running dry cat food but I think adding a little oil of some sort will be on my to do list. With a endless supply of protein and corn they may need a little something different.

Comment

I just use a little dog food from our bag for our dogs. doesn't take much, and have 100% catch rate.

Comment

sardines work the best for me

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                        I just use a little dog food from our bag for our dogs. doesn't take much, and have 100% catch rate.

How many traps do you set a night.... and how often do you set?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          How many traps do you set a night.... and how often do you set?

Right now just one trap, have another I need to set up. Usually set it on the weekends so I can check it the next day as I’m just 8 mins away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

sardines

Comment

Sardines are great but will catch opossum and skunks as well. Marshmallows are good as well as corn and protein. And won't usually attract the skunks and opossums

Comment

I used flavored marshmallows that had a stronger scent but can't find them...I think they were vanilla scented/flavored....figured it made them easier to find but I was trapping in creeks

Comment

Working...
                                X