New truck- already broken into

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought a 2016 F250 diesel, 3 days old, and just got broken into. I took my wife to Hobby Lobby at the Rim and swung by 54th St. Bar and Grill there. We were only there at the restaurant less than an hour and when we walked back to the truck, I could already see the dash board compartment open and I knew, ****, they broke into it. They ran sacked it but fortunately the only thing they took was the owners manuel (my wife had it sitting on the passengers side because she was reading it). They got in by braking the drivers side lock. We made a police report and the officer told me that new trucks were being targeted because most owners have guns and leave them in their vehicles. The Rim and the Cantera mall are apparently hot spots for thieves. He said I was lucky they didn't steal it. Now I'm going to be extremely paranoid and now I'm going to have to invest in some sort of anti theft device. The officer said even if they find a stolen truck on the highway, they are not allowed to go on a chase.
    Anyone have any tips to prevent this to occur again besides locking it in the garage and never driving it out?

Was this in SA?

Comment

Sorry for your luck. This is why I bought a factory alarm system with mine. It only cost me $400 to have the dealer install it. The factory system activates the entire truck. I dropped some wood in the bed before unlocking it and that even tripped the alarm. Even if you try to drop the tail gate it goes off.

Basspro and the forum are two other hot spots for truck thieves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk spelling/grammar errors are likely to occur.
      Last edited by giarcher; 03-18-2017, 08:22 PM.

Comment

WOW!! Hate to hear about vehicles being broken into..

Hope they find the perps, get a rope and find a tree!!

Comment

Yup. SA Now I can't even go to Bass Pro in my new truck. How rediculous is that?!

Comment

Just a heads up in that owners manual could be the code to unlock the door if you have the keypad on the outside of the truck. They also might of gotten something with your address and will come back at a late time to take the vehicle. Just a heads up if you have the keypad on the outside to unlock the doors.

Originally posted by Efren View Post
            Just bought a 2016 F250 diesel, 3 days old, and just got broken into. I took my wife to Hobby Lobby at the Rim and swung by 54th St. Bar and Grill there. We were only there at the restaurant less than an hour and when we walked back to the truck, I could already see the dash board compartment open and I knew, ****, they broke into it. They ran sacked it but fortunately the only thing they took was the owners manuel (my wife had it sitting on the passengers side because she was reading it). They got in by braking the drivers side lock. We made a police report and the officer told me that new trucks were being targeted because most owners have guns and leave them in their vehicles. The Rim and the Cantera mall are apparently hot spots for thieves. He said I was lucky they didn't steal it. Now I'm going to be extremely paranoid and now I'm going to have to invest in some sort of anti theft device. The officer said even if they find a stolen truck on the highway, they are not allowed to go on a chase.
            Anyone have any tips to prevent this to occur again besides locking it in the garage and never driving it out?

Comment

I can't tell you how many F250 thefts/breakins happen at the rim in San Antonio. I'm a member of all the San Antonio Diesel pages and its a constant issue. I personally had my 2006 F250 stolen from the rim then chopped up on November 22, 2014 at 5:58 PM. Right in front of the ATT store. I no longer take my truck to that part of town.

Comment

Ravelco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Home page for the Ravelco anti theft device, anti theft device for cars, anti theft device for trucks, anti theft device for big rigs, anti theft device for heavy equipment. Not one vehicle ever stolen using the Ravelco Anti Theft Device!

Comment

It is a constant problem and the Fords get hit the most. It is a misdemeanor crime until they have 2 prior convictions and even then we are lucky to get 6 months in a TDCJ state jail facility. Sorry they got your new truck bud.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                      It is a constant problem and the Fords get hit the most. It is a misdemeanor crime until they have 2 prior convictions and even then we are lucky to get 6 months in a TDCJ state jail facility. Sorry they got your new truck bud.
                      Punishment is actually a 9mm hollow point if the right guy catches them

Comment

^^^ Yes sir!!!

Comment

SA has gotten bad with car getting broken into. I had a friends car get broke into 3 times over spring break while at Fiesta Texas they finally just came home and said they are never going back.

Comment

The owners manual on mine contained a business card that had the keypad # that unlocked the door on the drivers side..That sucks bubba..Wish you coulda' put hands on 'em.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't understand, after all these years and all of the issues, why has Ford not made it harder for people to break into their trucks?? I don't get it

Comment

Working...
                              X