DIY longbow camo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY longbow camo

Well, I finished a day early...just impatient I guess.

I bought a used Whip and decided I didn't care for the veneers so, since I'm impatient and cheap, I thought I'd try my hand at homemade camo. Guys do shotguns and ARs all the time, so why not a longbow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image (16).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	25012203

Name:	image (15).jpg
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	25012204

Name:	image (17).jpg
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	25012205

Name:	image (18).jpg
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	25012206

Actually doesn't look that bad.

Comment

Cool. I've used paint on bows before. Looks good.

Comment

Looks good

Comment

It was better before! I could not even see the bow in the thread the other day. Now I can see it!

Good job, Jeff!

Bisch

Comment

Great looking work! Dad's friend did my brothers and his synthetic rifle stocks a few years ago, but that's the first time I've seen a bow

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Looks Good! I couldn't do that though, I'd lay it down somewhere and never find it again!

Can't do snakeskin backings either, can't have my own bow scaring the heck out of me everytime I lay it down!

LD

Comment

Originally posted by Caddo View Post
                  Looks Good! I couldn't do that though, I'd lay it down somewhere and never find it again!

Can't do snakeskin backings either, can't have my own bow scaring the heck out of me everytime I lay it down!

LD
                  That's why I didn't opt for snakeskins either

Comment

LD
                    Funny. (Also, your paint work beats the camo tape I put on mine.)

Comment

looks good!

Comment

LD
                        X2 on this! That looks great!

Comment

When I first started shooting compounds way back when none came in Camo. We would do it ourselves.

When we started shooting recurves they were so pretty we did not have the heart to paint them.

You did a nice job.

Comment

That is a bold project Jeff. Couldn't have done it -- but if I could've done it, I'd hope it turned out that good! The Rustoleum Matte Clear Paint looks interesting. I wonder how that would hold up on a recurve that I'd like to put a clear matte finish on?

You should just send the next whip with questionable veneers on to me!

Comment

Where is the bow?

Comment

Working...
                              X